Users Map feature and how to opt-in

Sorry NotALot, you’ll have to explain.

:wink:

1 Like

@james …hi, it still won’t accept the location of Lannion, I did manage to save it yesterday but today the box of blank. Maybe people just give up. Are you able to fix it ?

He is on holiday so I doubt it at the moment :wink:

1 Like

@strudball Just to let you know it’s being worked on at the moment.
If anyone else would like to check it out, that would be really helpful.

1 Like

I’m back on the map again :sunglasses:

I see James has moved :yum::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

So is @strudball :smiley:

1 Like

@graham …the idiosyncrasies of SF site never ceases to amaze me…yes I am now on the map but “location” in my profile is empty…so how is that?

No idea but mine has been empty as well since I put my location in ages back. we’re both on the map though :smiley:

and mine too, but don’t worry about it - the main thing is you now have a presence on the map!
If it ain’t broke - don’t fix it :wink:
If you get the “Your location will be displayed publicly” message, then for the moment anyway, the map feature is including you:

1 Like

I think it would be good to have ones location next to the username in posts, it would probably encourage uptake of the feature and could be clickable taking you to the map.

Would anyone like to see this feature implemented? More importantly, would you use it?

3 Likes

absolutely! It would save an awful lot of questions like “where in France are you?”

1 Like

Definitely agree there! A lot of questions and discussions are very specific to area…

1 Like

and it would serve to confirm that you have entered the Map Location field correctly on your User Card…

Absolutely - great idea - could this also be a link to the User Map? (already suggested the link element - oops need to read better)

That would be the benefit…

1 Like

Yep, great idea :+1::+1:

I think that having a map link next to the user name would be very helpful.

Just a quick question - do I need to relocate me on the map when I go to the Brico store? !!!

Also - can my wife see where I am?

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: