Vitamins / supplements?

We did another order from bulk powders (now just Bulk) and thier magnesium is much improved, smaller and has a coating so they can get down. From the man shapes research it is also the better type of magnesium that you can take.

just had a look. was that the bisglycinate version? also I am wondering if their peanut butter is any good.

I think so. Not tried their peanut butter but have bought various chia seeds and other low carb baking goods as well as an excellent sugar free maple flavoured syrup. Everything seems to be excellent quality and they often have big sales on which makes it faaar chaper than supermarket prices!

Tx Tory

1 Like

Dakatine is the best peanut butter ever :heart: no other peanut butter can hope to equal its deliciousness :grin:

I second the iherb.com suggestion. I use them for all supplements etc…had a few dodgy experiences with amazon supplied supplements.

I follow no religion but recognise that people around the globe need and believe in their religions.

But this USA intrusion takes the cake! “Science is FINALLY beginning to acknowledge the obvious – God was right all along .”

Wolves enticing the vulnerable using a pseudo-scientific/religious stance to sell them a biblical potion cure all. Surely this can’t be right!

Reduce Inflammation
Regulate Your Stress Hormones
Revitalize Your Skin
Help Regulate Blood Sugar Levels
Detox Your Body
Fortify The Immune System
Help Regulate Weight and Metabolism
Encourage Antioxidant Activity
Supports Muscle and Bone Health

https://trywisdomnutrition.com/?hop=healcell

As a suppliment or in a more natural form? Much better assimilation with black pepper (golden milk)

1 Like

Unfortunately until schools are better at teaching people how to analyse information, the basics of statistics, logical thinking and unpicking data then it is easy for people to be sold rubbish by manipulative companies.

And it seems American laws about advertising are weak and allow more unsubstantiated stuff to be promoted more heavily.

Until recently the only supplement I took was vit D as I can’t retain it. Prefer to spend my money on good food. However, osteoarthritis has escalated so am trying supplements that have some evidence of efficacy. Rheumatologist proposed Artixine (turmeric, chondritine, glucosamine, etc).

1 Like

I would be interested to hear how you go on with that Jane as I am having osteoarthritis problems at the moment

I am not holding my breath! But right now anything is worth a try. Up until now I have found that exercise is my best option for pain relief and mobility, but no longer enough and can’t keep relying on steroid injections.

1 Like

Just a bit of anecdotal evidence on the effectiveness of vit d supplements
Earlier this year my OH became very weak and tired. Normal house work or any kind of slight exercise would leave her breathless and gave her palpitations
We assumed it was a result of her current medical treatment. In the end she had to see her GP who recommended a blood test
which showed she was lacking in vit D. She was prescribed vit d for three months, 100000 UI for the first month and 50000 units for the subsequent months. The liquid was contained in glass vials. We’re now into the second month and the difference in her health is amazing. The doctor did say that as you get older your skin is less able to produce vit d from the sun

5 Likes

Sis in law is on the same regimen in France. Research has shown massive drops in vitamin D and Italians may have suffered more covid because of it, likewise dark skin people as they are not exposed to the sun as they used to be. Add to that factor 50 on any exposed skin and irs no wonder.

It’s not a vitamin found in many foods either so especially if you don’t get much sunshine it’s worth being aware of the possibility of deficiency

1 Like

Certainly vegans and vegetarians could be lower than fish eating carnivors.

1 Like

But they eat an awful lot of spinach and kale!! Which is probably more vitamin D rich that a processed sausage containing large amount of filler.

I don’t retain vit D at all, despite being outside a lot and eating vit D rich foods. So take daily high dose supplements

Well that could be zero and zero and zero from what I have read unless you have an alternative source of information? They are high in vitamin K though.

From what I can find there isn’t any Vitamin D in Spinach, but I stand to be corrected

That is my understanding also, same with kale.