Water bills

Does anyone else get a water bill which is just the annual standing charge- we have a water meter but haven’t been at the property for several years- we think 160 Euros is rather expensive- what does anyone else think please.

If you check your bill, you are possibly paying the standing charges for drinking water and for waste water treatment… (that’s what’s on my bills anyway…)

areas differ with their standing charges… our is 106€ pa

If you want to maintain the connection, you will need to pay the annual standing charges, even with zero usage.

If you want the meter disconnected, of course there will be no further bills… but there will be a reconnection charge once the property is to be inhabited again.

I have no idea what that would cost.

Thanks, that’s most helpful

If you have a Septic Tank that seems quite expensive to me, if on sewer then may be ok.

We just received our annual reconciliation - we pay approx 215 euros per year for 80m3 water but our own Septic Tank.

I think I need to look more carefully at the bill, to see exactly what it says as we are on a septic tank…

Thanks

Stella… not so bad as Orange, then, who demand €50,00 when you ask them to disconnect you.

OMG that is SOOOOO cheap!

1 Like

Talking of water bills why have they not been sent out yet? Ours are always December & June but June 2022 came & went & still no bill yet!

Any ideas?
Thanks

It depends where you live. Here in 86 our supplier is moving from billing twice a year to just once and has closed online account access “for the convenience of our customers”. I have no idea what’s going on…

Received the bill early July and it’s just been taken out of the bank account…

If SAUR, they are dreadful!
We normally get an email from them to indicate that the bill is available on line in our SAUR account followed a few days (maybe a week) later with the paper copy by post. We pay it the same day online as the bill is presented in full - always well in advance of the required payment date.
I was only thinking the other day that I had not had a bill from them for some time and hey presto! an email appears in my inbox (as if by magic)!
To my horror, when looking at the account on line, I noticed that there was a bill from 25th May 2022 which had neither been notified by email nor a paper copy in the post and to boot… they were charging me a 4€ fee in addition for late payment!
So, armed with the paperwork of our history of payments and the two bills and the advice we had been surcharged, we went to their local office to seek redress.
No apology or explanation… nada. But they did knock the surcharge on the head.
We paid both bills in one without the late payment surcharge when, a few days later, we noted that the account balance had been adjusted accordingly.
Naturally, we will keep the receipt for the online payment in case it rears its ugly head again.
So, what to do?
We have now selected the option Passez dès maintenant au prélèvement automatique or translated: a direct debit facility to pay by switching to direct debit: invoices will be paid automatically on the date indicated on them. Certainly not the option: Le prélèvement mensuel. Would far rather the money be in our account than theirs as we do with EDF.
The procedure is -
Switch to direct debit now, in one click:

1. Choose your direct debit method (monthly or on the due date)
  2. Validate or modify your pre-registered RIB
  3. Sign electronically with one click
  4. Receive a confirmation email

So hopefully now, we should not experience any further issues with SAUR except insofar as not getting an email notification but I guess I can handle that by forward posting a diary entry as a reminder the bill is due and to look on the SAUR site as well as keep an eye out on our French bank account statement for a payment.
Hope that helps.

Many thanks everyone for your comments. We are in 24 & there is still no sign of an invoice. Maybe they have changed it to 6 months ??? so I’ll wait & see.
regards

1 Like

Ours are dealt with by the Marie, as it is they who have the contract. (Our water is from a source and is treated in the commune) We don’ t get bills directly from water company. Last years bills were months and months late because the secretary got a new computer system and didn’t know how to use it!

Is it SAUR?

I deal with 'toutsmoneau.fr for payments & they seem to be part of Suez?? It is very confusing!
regards

Our commune has it’s own water supply and waste treatment. It’s contracted out and we just moved from Veolia to Saur on 1st July. Hope they’re not as bad as you suggest :crossed_fingers:

I think if you take steps to keep an eye on things and manage expectations then you should be OK. My comment about “dreadful” was specifically a reference to our experience over billing (which I explained), but I do have to say that in our previous rental (in the same commune) we noticed a leak in the road on a PH weekend and reported it to SAUR who attended to it within a few hours, stemming the flow (whilst still maintaining the supply to the house it fed) and returned a few days later to effect a more permanent repair. Credit where due!
My issue was purely with absent billing and being surcharged for the privilege…

2 Likes

I think you mean this site…

Yes that’s the one, but does anyone have any problems with them? It’s all been straightforward till now. If it’s gone to yearly payment that’s fine but I wish they would say!
regards

Have you contacted your local office…??
I intend to visit mine, albeit it’s nowhere near where you are… but I like working face to face and my local office is manned on Thursday mornings…