Waterless wash soap/liquid

Yes, I know what you mean… I was thinking hands, feet, legs… if necessary… while out and about… with our Infirmier’s blessing.
Just like cosmetic creams… some are for the face and some are for the body… etc etc… one does the best one can with what is available…

Hopefully David will be taking our advice and asking at his Pharmacy…

We are talking here about a person who moves only twice a day, from bedroom to bathroom and back again with a stop in between at the table where she passes the totality of the rest of the time. She does no work, exerts no exertion, works up no perspiration. There will be enough water in our many water bottles for teeth cleaning and brief personal use, and in any case it will only be for certain parts, maybe not at all, of the 4 hours from 8am to midday, so not of great concern.

The aide de toilette would normally shower her and on Monday planned to wash her hair, it won’t be a complete disaster if those have to wait until Thursday. But I will search out the product ‘suitable for babies skin’ that she asked me to do. Unfortunately she didn’t have a product name to give me, hence my question here. I think if I look for the magic word ‘bebe’ she will be safe enough. :smiley:

1 Like

Leave the tops off if not the bottle might explode

Err yes, but that would entail standing it upright, nowhere near enough height for that. :neutral_face:

There is a product I had for Remy in a big bottle when he was s baby, water plus some cleaning stuff! Can’t remember what it was called though!!

“Using the “wrong” plastic in the microwave may release harmful contaminants from the plastic… thus only plastic marked “microwave safe” should be used…”

so, it seems I didn’t dream the warning about microwaves… :wink: :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Suggest buckets of water to flush the toilets down.

Way back in the dark ages (UK), for a few weeks we had a dustbin kept full of water… just outside the front door.
There was no running water, so to flush the loo, one stepped outside, filled a bucket from the dustbin… and gently carried it to the cloakroom and tipped it to flush “whatever” right round the bend… and off to the fosse…

OH’s job was to haul buckets of water from the well and keep the dustbin topped-up.
That encouraged him to get the plumbing sorted asap… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

We have to provide something like this for when our daughter goes to the respite centre. There are lots of makes available - eau nettoyante
It’s available in the baby aisle with the shampoos etc.
It’s used with the Gants jetable
When the soignantes use water for her bed baths, I wish they’d use flannels instead of those disposable things, but they prefer them!

1 Like

Thank you for that @Karen_Stanning, but I went to the supermarket this morning and, despite time and help devoted by both the manageress and an assistant that knows us well, they could not find anything that could be used for a full body wash that doesn’t need water for rinsing. But they did find a can of mousse for dry shampooing so I got that as I know that the aide planned to wash her hair tomorrow.

She will be able to have a good sink wash as I have plenty of tap water stood by in a bucket and some bottles. And, of course, if there is any doubt about the shampoo, it won’t take much of that heated in the kettle to rinse. So it is only the weekly shower which she will be missing.

BTW, I did try the pharmacie, but they were shut. Another result of the diminishing high street, there used to be 2 of them. As with the butcher who now chooses to open only mornings, and the baker, who seems to be closed more often than they used to when they had competition.

Just thinking…
It might be an idea for you to ask your pharmacy for a copy of their opening times… most pharmacies do have such a piece of paper and it’s handy to have it on the fridge or wherever… for those times when a quick dash is necessary… as it can save a wasted journey.

I expect it’s on the door, I’ll have a look tomorrow when I pass for future reference. :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s also worth noting in your diary " pharmcy de garde" ie the one open outside normal hours/sundays/bank hols… There will be a timetable for that too…
although that might often be a bit of a drive and only really useful for emergency situations.

Yes I remember seeing it on the pharmacy which closed, the one we always used, but it was just between the 2 of them then.

It would have to be a real emergency though, the next nearest now is probably 15 kms away.

There is always a pharmacy “somewhere”… but, as you say, if it’s not your local one, it will be a bit far away…
The pharmacies take things in turns over the weeks/months so that folk can get emergency medication etc whenever they need it.

Try it on some intimate areas and you might change your mind!

1 Like

I think that perhaps folk are over-thinking what I have said… and/or have not read the entire thread…

I carry a small bottle of stuff, recommended by an Infirmier, as I find it useful when soap and water are not available… it’s in my bag for when we are out in the car.
I have never needed to use it on intimate areas… just to clean my hands, dab on scratched legs… that’s about the limit… that sort of thing… and it works just fine…

I replied to David’s enquiry… told him what I had experience of… and advised him to ask at his pharmacy, where I am sure they would point him at something suitable for his wife…

Perhaps the heat is affecting us all …

This thread has turned out to be comedy gold :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Goodness me I needed that, I had tears of laughter streaming down my face!

I hope you get something sorted @David_Spardo, thank you for creating a thread that ended up going off into rather a hilarious tangent.

2 Likes

Well I won’t go into detail but last night I had a helluva task which makes the subject of a shower today somewhat redundant, it took me an hour to get Fran fully prepared for bed, and that included a lengthy spell in the shower.

As far as today is concerned, I have completed all my own personal water needs, Patti is due in an hour and I have loads of bottled and bucketed water on standby. More than enough in view of the waterless shampoo I bought so I think we are ready for the worst. :smiley:

3 Likes

Am crying ! :rofl:

1 Like