Weather .... how is it in your region?

I realize that many/most will have read this News article… but did you watch the video as well… filmed using a drone yesterday, we see Paris almost drowning. (full screen is best).

The forecast says no more rain for a few days.
The suddenwarm spell has confused plants and I have also seen magpies displaying.
We are concerned that we will have the same scenario as last year when the precocious fruit buds will succumb to frost.

Can’t believe it…after a heavy and cold fog this morning a round bright thing has appeared in the sky! Can anyone tell me what this is please ? :wink:
Seriously, I moan about the rotten weather we have had here in the centre of France, but at least we are not under water. The ground is saturated and I have had to do several balancing acts around the filter of my étang to unblock it (mostly in pouring rain and high winds) but a little sunshine makes all the difference :slight_smile:

1 Like

I feel like a kid at Christmas… got the sheets blowing on the line… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Been travelling back from UK, stopped overnight in Chartres last night, this morning thick fog all the way down A10, A71 and A20 past Chateauroux, then burst out into sunshine - wierd. Looking back in the mirrors was like seeing a white wall across the motorway

Yesterday (Saturday) was glorious… and today (Sunday)we are like Brigadoon… lost in the mists of time…

It is raining its pouring the old man is snoring.really it is dreadful but we live on the top of a Hill so get out the wellies on and its ok

Going to be freezing late next week here in Gironde.

OMG you will need your boots barbara. Havre a pleasent day

Funny you should say that but I think you will need yours too,

First crocuses (crocusii ??) out - here in Sunny Provence

I can’t complain about our weather today… just got some pics from a friend who is visiting Russia at the moment…his pics show snow… everywhere… and it is very, very cold -14c at its warmest… brrrrr :snowman_with_snow::snowman_with_snow::snowman_with_snow:

looking out my warm boots and “grippers” :slight_smile:

Update from the deep South - the sun has come out today after 17 consecutive days of rain - equalling the all-time record for the region!! Who said ‘the sunny South’ ?-
we’re further South than Nice…:-:umbrella: :umbrella: :umbrella: :umbrella:

Snowy blizzards here this morning on the Med! The ships on the way to Fos sur Mer are sounding their foghorns!

1 Like

@Ggtaylor

As a small child, we lived by the sea in UK… used to love the sound of “moaning Minnie”… echoing on a foggy night…as the trawlers struggled up and down the coast…and there I was snuggled in a warm bed… :hugs:

1 Like

We are sunday grandmothers day.The weather in the vexin north of Paris is wet and windy. Some of my grandchildren are coming for lunch and a Paella is on the menu with a huge birthday cake for Prudence who is 16 years old. Youpi youpi::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

i would have loved to have lived near the sea but i was born in Sheffield yorkshire, the nearest coast was blackpool,skegness

Bonne fête des grand-mères Carol!

1 Like

We were on our way back from a holiday in Toulouse on Wednesday morning. When we got to Narbonne the motorway was closed. We had to divert to Beziers and then after that over some remote mountain road towards Montpellier. By this stage it was snowing strongly and once we hit Montpellier the traffic was at a standstill. We got trapped by the snow in Montpellier and had to spend the night in the car with the engine running. The roads were a nightmare and I dont believe Montpellier City Council prepared for the event by gritting and ploughing the main roads. The police and fire Dept would or could not help us, even though we had a 2 and 7 year old. Even those police and fire vehicles which were not on emergency passed us by on the side of the road. Some of the driving on the roads was very dangerous given the conditions, even one car going the wrong way down the dual carriage towards us! On the second night we managed to get a taxi to take us to a gymnasium where travellers trapped by the snow were staying. The NGO Protection Civil were running it, but it was hard to get any hot food from them (other than for the children) because they told me that Montpellier City Council was not willing to provide funds to support the people in the gym and they themselves did not want to pay because it should by the city councils responsibility. We spent the night in this gym (thursday night) before the weather got warmer over night and some rain arrived. We got a taxi to take us back to the car at 8am. The roads were at least moving on Friday morning and we got back to Monaco at 3pm!