Weather warnings and complications

But why Spain?

As Flocreen points out, the wait for an appointment in France is very long, but in Irun last time it was 45 minutes which, although requiring me to go away & have a coffee, is far more acceptable. The pescription is universal so once I have the formula I can get new glasses made wherever I like. There is an optician local to me that does 2 pairs for under 40 euros.
Irun is only a few minutes from here & is full of shops, restaurants & cafes.

3 Likes

My wife used doctolib (which we had also used for Covid vaccinations) to arrange an eye test which was made for two weeks hence (requesting a particular Dr on recommendation to boot!) so less of a wait is perfectly possible when you use the system to work for you.

1 Like

Any excuse for a holiday… enjoy!

Thanks, but as I’m here anyway I can get the test done without putting aside a work day in the future & I now know the optician so win/win.
The covid jabs can be booked & carried out at my local pharmacy.

the comment was meant to be of help to others generally, not you specifically as you are already sorted Mark.
Enjoy your break in the fabulous St Jean de Luz :sunglasses:

1 Like

I agree doctor lib can find someone quicker but when you are being followed by an opthalmo for a condition you don’t want to be going somewhere else and be covering the same ground.

except if you move out of the area of course… but since your medical notes can follow you, that should not be a problem in practice.
But I would agree in the ordinary sense that there would be wisdom in remaining with your present service (as indeed I do) since it is usual for the the service to arrange follow up appointments in advance so the need to go scratching around for appointments is diminished.

Hurrah… rain, rain, rain… and … phew… the temperature has plummeted from sizzling to simmering… :rofl:

2 Likes

Wonderful rain storm here and yes so cool! All the doors open with shutters closed, house will be lovely in the morning!

1 Like

Phew… this morning is marvellous… OH has yet to check the attics… there was a lot of crashing and banging about overhead in the early hours (the storm or perhaps amorous mice with clogs… :rofl:)

more storms forecast in some places… but the worst of the heatwave seems behind us…

This is a useful site… it’s clicking away merrily at the moment, as the storms are moving

just a taster…

1 Like

It looks pretty severe north of Musidan right now.

I think storms are going to be all over the place tonight…

Not a drop here :confused: forecast for wednesday if we’re lucky

It’s the possibility of hail that comes with these storms on occasions… that, I’m not too happy about…

1 Like

Nor here. :roll_eyes:
I watched the two storms head north on the Blitzortung.org map - one to the left of us, the other to the right. The rain from the night before, even though it teemed, has barely dampened the soil.

1 Like

20km from us got battered by hail Sunday night, we had some lovely rain for the garden. Last night, it was a little more son et lumière but no grêle pong

Not sure if we have some weird micro-climate, or a local river valley has some hand, but we often see storms and the like go around us.

1 Like

Major storm in the Riberac area last night - both our cars now have hail rash but we escaped lightly - Riberac looks like a tornado went through - trees and undergrowth everywhere, holes in roofs, cars written off from reported golf ball and tennis ball size hail.

Similar happened to friends of ours at Mussidan a few years ago, August time!
Thankfully both cars repaired via assurance