Well done France!

I think they are required to do so.
What is wrong with it?
Have you had it analysed?
Have you spoken to the mairie?

Itā€™s a pain and you need laboratory conditions to get it right every time.

Nonsense! :grin:

2 Likes

not with a cheapo Lidl Yoghurt maker and milk.
Fill 7 glass jars with lids, turn it on, wait, eat.
(I think they have them for 12-15 EUR at the moment)

I think you need something more than that, otherwise you just get warm milk!

My mother always thought she could make yogurt, had a machine. She couldnā€™t, imagine sour curdled milk with a teaspoon of jam stirred into it :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

2pt milk + 1 yoghurt mix them together then laddle into pots pop in the machine & turn it on hey presto. Yoghurt.
Alternatively laddle into pots & pop into a bain maire then oven on a very low setting

3 Likes

I actually prefer 0% Malo Fromage Frais.
Best Iā€™ve found. But comes in plastic pots.
Canā€™t all be perfect!

Itā€™s so much lime in it makes it taste bad I donā€™t really now why Iā€™m paying for it when I can just hook up my one water from my well the problem is they donā€™t have any filters for it I looked in to their pump house last year

That makes me laugh. People pay for mineral water with a high lime content, like Contrex! We have a glass bottle in the fridge which we fill with tap water, this takes away the very slight chemical tang. Everyone who has drunk water in our house thinks it is mineral waterā€¦

2 Likes

Lime, that means hard water. It isnā€™t harmfulā€¦
Actually removed by boiling, so it ought to be good for making tea or coffee and many think it makes a better brew.
If you drink plain water, you might not like the taste, but you could find a squirt of lemon improves the taste.

I have lived in many parts of UKā€¦ and recall when we moved to Devonā€¦ we kids complained that the drinking water tasted strange/nasty/whateverā€¦ we werenā€™t happy.

It was simply the difference between hard and soft waterā€¦ and we quickly got used to itā€¦ we had to. :roll_eyes: :relaxed:

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:lol :crazy_face:

1 Like

You need a starter which is natural yoghurt with bacillus.

Yeah, I know, but itā€™s still a pain and it doesnā€™t give consistent results except in laboratory conditions.
And if thereā€™s anything worse than yogurt, itā€™s runny yogurt!

Iā€™m considering doing the same thing. Have you any useful tips you can give me? Did you get a grant or credit dā€™impot?

We did, but I am unsure of the levels applying nowadays.

Hello Jane

Thanks for getting back to me. I was thinking of wood fired heating, but worrying about how Iā€™d cope when Iā€™m older. Can you remember who supplied your system?

Vivien

They have gone out of business now!

Whoops!