What are you cooking from scratch?

Did a nettle soup today, it’s that time of the year. So delicious that it’s all gone so sorry no photo :laughing: And so easy to make as long as you have a good pair of gloves.

3 Likes

I made some last week! :smiley:

4 Likes

Only allowed simple foods… so leg of lamb and roast tatties

but did follow it with apple pie and ice cream :yum:

4 Likes

Can you believe I had to steal nettles from my neighbour as I manage not to have any more in my garden? :rofl:

3 Likes

Umm, that’s how we got in this mess in the first place, eating what we shouldn’t!

I’m not sure what mess you are in… but I’m fine…

Doris is probably tucking in to some Eaton Mess right now…

2 Likes

I’ve made that… years ago in UK… absolutely delicious… :slight_smile:

1 Like

:yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

Surely you’ve heard of the coronavirus and where it originated?

@Porridge Don’t be daft :roll_eyes:

I imagine that’s what the Chinese said

I’m not sure I see your point… who are you having a go at?

@Porridge

I agree this is a forum… but could we please have some threads which do NOT descend into talk about coronavirus etc…

I WAS enjoying this food thread… :cry:

9 Likes

So was I!

3 Likes

Tuesday evening… day 29 of lockdown for us…

Raiding the freezer:
mince
roasted tomato sludge (sounds awful, but it is delicious)
mushrooms
leeks (?) (no onions!)

Pantry: spaghetti

Panfried the lot in olive oil… and we enjoyed a wonderful bolognaise.

Made far too much, of course, so saved the rest for today… when I shall add chilli powder and red kidney beans… and serve on a bed of rice… Hurrah.

1 Like

@Stella In our case OH has minced the rest of of the leg of lamb and we will be having shepherds pie for a few days now :yum:
As an alternative to rice, have you tried

as an alternative to rice? I was given it last time in hospital and it’s really tasty…

2 Likes

not got a packet of that in the pantry… but we have got tabbouleh (I think) which I keep pushing to the back… it will come into its own eventually… :roll_eyes: :hugs:

I bought a jar of mixed vegetables, macedoine, and I am making a bake with a cheese sauce and a crumb topping made from the left over end of the loaf, mixed with a bit more cheese.
I will serve it with criss cross potatoes, potatoes sliced in two horizontally, criss crossed with a knife and brushed with olive oil and seasoned. You can do this with the smaller potatoes you have and put them in the oven at the same time you are using to cook your main meal.

3 Likes

OH tasted macedoine at a resto and pronounced them delicious… I dished up exactly the same stuff… and he hated it… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I have one tin left… and will be disguising it as something else when things become really, really difficult… he will eat anything by that stage… :roll_eyes: :crazy_face: :rofl: