What are you cooking from scratch?

Sorry Cat, hard to find any joke about coronavirus funny.

1 Like

I was agreeing with Stella that I would like to see a thread that was not about Coronavirus left not about Coronavirus

I agree but I think this is in danger of spiraling out of control - overreactions a plenty :slight_smile:

It’s quite clear that we all have completely different senses of humour - mine’s quite dark and probably not everyone’s cup of tea but there you are. We are all different, so lets agree to disagree and move on.

Now back to food…

I am currently feeling like a war time housewife, constantly peering into the fridge and thinking “gawd, what can I do with two carrots and an onion…?” !!

2 Likes

Hi Catharine, oh my goodness I certainly didn’t mean to break the rules but I’ve seen far worse on here. I’ve noticed during my short time here that it seems to be the way some people converse with each other on this site. I won’t be posting again for a while.
Sorry
Izzy x

You have an onion???

1 Like

Two things there @cat
My eyesight is not as good as it used to be and I just sprayed my screen with a mouthful of warm tea as I read your comment to be “constantly peeing into the fridge” and maybe @james is better qualified to advise on two carrots and an onion… maybe a need for medical attention?
BTW I share your darker side of humour :joy:

4 Likes

I’d like to personally apologise for that - the general tone has been getting increasingly unpleasant and we are not tolerating it any longer. We’re monitoring the situation and I do understand how off putting it can be for newer posters. Please flag any posts that you find unacceptable (we’re a good team but we can’t be everywhere - I am still trying to work from home as well as cook from scratch (!!) and monitor SF…and supporting elderly parents / absent children etc etc etc and please, please don’t be deterred from posting!
Thanks for getting back to me! Xx

1 Like

Plenty of onions but short of potatoes!!

potatoes are rationed to last 4 more days… with careful pruning… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Revenons à nos moutons…

Today’s cooking from scratch…

7 Likes

They ate rats during the siege of Paris!

1 Like

I thought it was funny and got it a soon as Flaneur posted it. It really was just a flippant, humorous comment. Haven’t people got other things to be concerned about?

1 Like

@Nigel1 Sometimes, the problem occurs because responders to posts often do not reference the post they are responding to so it becomes very difficult (esp with a new poster) to work out what they really mean and life is too short sometime to go back 30 or so posts to try to work it out…
Regular posters with a penchant for humour are easier to follow :thinking:
and the use of emojis often gives a clue as to the posters mindset.

4 Likes

Sadly… for various reasons …I am studiously avoiding anything pertaining to coronavirus… so when that word is used on erstwhile gentle thread… I do, indeed, fail to see it as funny… flippant… or anything … remotely so.

I do have other things to be concerned about… and I sincerely wish I did not.

4 Likes

:nauseated_face: ,how hungry would I have to be to eat rats?

1 Like

I sadly also got the’joke" :cry: and thought Stella was replying in her ’ nothing to see here folks, move on" diffusing mode :clap:

Rats… ??? depends more on the strength of the eau de vie… surely :joy: :joy: let’s face it we eat snails…

2 Likes

For nearly forty years anything with a pulse has never passed my lips :carrot::potato::corn::tomato::mushroom:
But I do enjoy the sharing of recipe’s.

3 Likes

@Lily some things with pulses can be really tasty… :thinking:

4 Likes

Absolutely :+1:

1 Like