What Brexit Could Mean For Us Expats

I have actually spent a great deal of my life in the company of men both gay and straight, possibly more gay than straight if I think about it. Does that bother you?

I have probably also been on the receiving end of the genuine attitudes of mr and mrs average pinkish person in GB vis à vis johnny and janie foreigner what with being a frog and slitty-eyed (due respect to HRH the Duke of Edinburgh).

How could I possibly call you stupid before meeting you?

5 Likes

Vèronique is consommée when it comes to adding a little vinaigrette to her offerings.

“On ne prend pas les mouches avec du vinaigrette” :grinning:

2 Likes

In my younger days nightclubbing I quickly worked out that my favourite haunts were the “gay bars”…No pressure from being chatted up on a night out but just lots of laughing and dancing…and I love laughing and dancing…,it could well have been to do with the fact that one of my family was struggling with coming out to his immediate family at that time but it kind of stuck that if I/we wanted a night out without the hassle of being chatted up then a gay bar it was…My first flight ever out of the U.K. on my own and by myself and I found myself sitting next to two gay men and it was a laugh a minute…I have to admit that I intensely dislike the “transgenderism transhumanist narrative”…as far as I know there are two genders…male and female…Anything that goes on between consenting ADULTS is fine by me…anything that takes advantage of and fails to recognise the abuse of a child who is not an adult in the eyes of the law is unforgivable…

Homosexuality and paedophilia are two completely different things, I don’t know why the latter is even being mentioned in a conversation about normal behaviour.

I don’t know what you mean by transgenderism transhumanist narrative. As far as I can see, there are two sexes, because sex is a biological reality, for the vast majority of people it is clear which they are; while gender is a social construct.
I don’t buy the ladybrain/gentlemanbrain argument but that makes me a TERF according to the TRAs I’m afraid. Maybe that means you are a TERF too😉 I don’t actually care what people get up, or down to, whatever their inclination as long as it is ethically ok.
I entirely agree about the going out as a young woman with your gay male friends, much more fun because they don’t turn into an octopus when you hop into a taxi… there was a great fun place in Cambridge (451???)

1 Like

Exactly my point…there are two genders male and female and we are either born male or female and maybe turn out to be heterosexual bisexual or homosexual…who cares not a problem between consenting adults…just that I’ve noticed a narrative that would have us believe that being born male and female no longer applies …”ok well when I took my O level biology there were only male and female…raising a child gender neutral”.,??? School teachers beng fired for calling a child he or she… her or him…??? My time over again raising my kids…,and I was forever falling out with the heads years ago when I got called in to justify my kids apparent relactriacence to conform even then…and It’s far worse now…My time over again I’d probably be 100 times worse than I was back then…who in hell can come up with a “law” that says a teacher has to remain gender neutral…??? My run ins with education had to do with uniform…bullying of my kids over uniform bullying of my kids over taking holidays outside of acceptable holiday periods…threats by the school that if I didn’t agree to interview under caution then…WHAT…??? WHAT EXACTLY…???the list of alleged transgressions is endless…white laces in black shoes…not acceptable…standing up against the teacher for something they are saying that you know is wrong and you’ve been raised to know whats right…??? Not acceptable…School staff harassing a child for his totally valid views so much that eventually he gives up learning and sets out to make his own way free from the bigotry free from the narrow mindedness that can’t see an individuals creative potential from the colour of a shoe lace…??? Maybe France is different…

Hi Stella - Actually l didn’t know l had been away and why would you mention how often l post - Is it relevant?

Isn’t my post self explanatory as to my thoughts on what ‘Vero’ said. I didn’t find them funny yesterday, l don’t find them funny today and l cant see why you would ‘chuckle’ at them - But l respect your right to do so.

:thinking::relaxed::thinking: silly me… :relaxed::upside_down_face:

Still doesn’t explain why my posting history is relevant - Surely it isn"t just a case of “silly you” - or is it a tactic to make other members feel that they’re not in your club - just a guess.

When I meet up with old friends it’s fairly common for someone to say, I haven’t seen you for a while, where have you been? Did Stella do any more than that?

5 Likes

Stella was welcoming you back after not seeing you on here for a while as she does with other members. No need to be so hostile.

5 Likes

Hi Dan…

My pleasant greeting was just that… no hidden meanings, no undertones…

I am not aware of a Club (mine or anyone else’s) on this Forum… so now you’ve got me wondering if I am missing something amazing… :thinking::thinking::relaxed:

4 Likes

Dan, don’t start with all that conspiracy rhetoric, SF is a community, there is no club, inner circle, illuminati or any of that crap. What you see is what you get, enjoy it, that’s all.

There are a handful of volunteers and regular contributors that communicate to improve the community for the benefit of everyone, and everyone else is reading, writing and creating content for the common good. Be one of those people. :v:

7 Likes

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Silly me!!!

3 Likes

Time is running out for May and Davis.

Your “Irish” grandmother was actually singaporean then Debra.

You are right Chris. I’ve been an expat in the Middle East and Africa but I’m a
Europen citizen here, the country I choose to live in is irrelevant.

“I notice you haven’t been posting for some months… nice to see you back with us

I read the above as a mild sleight and a tad cliquish. I’ve no axe to grind but that’s how it struck me. :thinking:

BTW, I recommend this play http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b039lmk2
Though written in '32 I think it’s strangely relevant today.

Hi John…

My pleasant greeting was just that…

Here is a longer “welcome” message… which I posted recently. I will use it every time in future… if that will avoid folk suspecting something “sinister” where none is intended.

…"Glad all is well with you XXXXXXX. Some folk arrive, then seem to disappear… We just hope that it is not due to ill-health or (heaven forbid) Death… but you never know… which is why I am always pleased to welcome folk “back”…:relaxed: "

Cheers

3 Likes

Very hard to know what has happened to some one when there is a silence.
If you are interested and caring well then you may ask.
Invasive…not to my mind but we all see things differently.

2 Likes