What Brexit Could Mean For Us Expats

Well i have lived in France for 52 years Dan. Brexit doesnt mean much to me, except to buy british food which we can’t find in France. i won’t go any further in explaining what i feel about Br…x.t

3 Likes

Hi Carol - Brexit is a subject that Madame Wood, who is French, and l have a difference of opinion. After nearly fifty years of marriage it is one of the few subjects that makes for extraordinary lively discussion - sometimes bordering on all out internecine warfare. I am firmly in the Remain camp whilst Janine is an avid Brexiteer and believes Jean-Claude Juncker should be given the Jean D’Arc treatment.

So being able read other peoples views and opinions on SF whilst being provided with references to all the relevant publications enables me to argue my corner in an informed and intelligent way.

However we will, as we have on a range of topics over the years, probably agree to disagree.

2 Likes

ok Dan fifty years together, we have out:thinking:tdone you 52 years and still going but my husband is ukrainen.So we never talk about the B word. it is practical to stay in europe even if it for our offspring.but the youngsters travel much more than we did.or i should say I did. cant speak for everybody on Survive France.that was lovely to read you .Take care,ll…

1 Like

Carol for those of us who grow older as gracefully as we can without going in for poly filling,
cutting and trimming I suppose that we are not that happy to show the world our wrinkles and
little shopping bags which appear under our eyes.
Not a fan of “selfies” !

1 Like

@Barbara sorry i dont understand your last post Barbara and i dont think you have read my posts sur Brexit

Just a light hearted message to you about the fact that as we get older we are less likely to be as photogentic as we once were. And, thus lees inclined to offer our current photos for the world to see.

1 Like

Good to see that the Brexiteers are making good use of Europe :mask::wink:

2 Likes

Or we could just cultivate a bit of Cromwellian warts-and-all-ism. Although I think that was actually inverted vanity at work, ‘look at me I’m so uninterested in worldly things’ etc.

Yes I know. France is very handy…not just for camonbert and nice houses!

Could some of us be just a little too vain?
I hate my pic being taken but most people get snap happy at
gatherings.

Barbara…I hate having my photo taken and am usually the one behind the camera, busy snapping everyone else… so not many of me either… but I managed to locate one to use here. Your “happy group” photo is delightful.

I do find the “large initial in a circle” lacks imagination… but that is only my opinion and others obviously differ, as is their right.

Back to Brexit… thoughts will (and do) differ widely… I am still trying to get my head around all the swings, this way and that… who do we believe, who should we discount… :worried: I wish someone had a crystal ball and could put our minds at rest.

It’s the “Not Knowing” that is the worst kind of torture… IMO.

I agree totally.
But a lot of people will be going back home as they have been living under the raidar.

1 Like

@barbara James and Catherine asked us to add a photo to our name i believe but that wasn’t the reason i mentioned the fact to Dan Wood ,as i am not a decider on SF .i think i am older than you Barbara 75 years old and proud of the fact so i don’t mind showing my wrinkled face to the world.Which is not your way of thinking apparently.So lets get back to the thread" What Brexit Could mean for us Expats."

2 Likes

@Barbara for myself it is pleasant to look back on souvenirs all the photos which are in our photo albums.We will leave them for our family to remember all the good times spent together.

There really is no argument! My comments are light hearted re photos.
No I would like very much to stay looking young Carol but naturally.
Your conversation re photos?
I agree that photos on here are a good thing,

2 Likes

Well hopefully horse racing will be abolished. It is a wicked “sport” - I used to ride out with on The Gallops (in Sussex) with horses from one of the world’s leading trainers, the way those beautiful animals were treated was disgusting. When I voted Leave it certainly wasn’t with the abolition of horse racing in mind, but it would certainly be an added bonus…

2 Likes