What counts as necessary travel?

Not wishing to appear gloomy George, not having an MOT will IMO be the last of our worries soon enough.

1 Like

Our postie stands well back and says “I’m signing for you” and then places letter/package on ground and leaves… mind you, we may not have a postie soon. Luckily still came to day as had a registered letter to send which she took from our letter box - and got the proof of posting by email about 45 mins later. Good service!

Thanks for explaining the “protocol” Jane. When I got home I also found a couple of lettre recommandée slips in the postbox. from March 3rd and 4th, a couple of days after I’d departed for Ireland. So they’re well gone from my local post office now. Is there anyway to trace who there were from using the reference number?

Now back in the UK with my car developing an ecu fault in the last leg so it’s parked up until Skoda re-open which looks like May at the earliest
My wife’s Volvo is due an mot tomorrow but the garage has also closed and her appointment cancelled

HM government has said they’ll issue waivers but only for cars due an mot from next week and those due beforehand must get them done or risk prosecution

Garages are open they say. Unfortunately in my area they’ve all closed to protect staff.

Understandable- but why not issue the waiver from the day it is announced.

Legislation covering this was passed last year so there is no reason to delay.

OK there are very pressing issues globally
but in this small corner we need a car to access the shops, pharmacy etc

George Topp.

Highly unlikely, see here

But people usually resend if important. For future maybe you should organise a procuration for a neighbour or local friend. We did it years ago and seems to work well.

George, it’s not only the manufacturer that can read an ECU fault. Any decent garage will have the kit and and it may just need a reset.

In fact in happier times I would have advised you to buy one of these and have a look yourself before paying dealer labour rates. You can get them for 60 quid.

Thanks Jane.

Well if he is and he is using his own money, then it is his affair and no-one elses.

True - and his liver too :thinking:

We are being watched!..

1 Like

My car needs it’s 1st service in 28 days - it requires annual servicing for the warranty.

Necessary?

Will the garage be operating in 28 days time anyway?