What has brightened your day? -ongoing thread

Du sprichst (wie unser alte Fred) die Wahrheit dieses Lebens. :hugs:

1 Like

🙆. !! Mich, Fred und Jo G. !! Und denken Sie daran, begrüßen Sie NIEMALS einen einzigen Moment menschlicher Existenz mit den Worten “Verweile doch, du bist so schön”. !!! :fearful:

“Alles hat ein Ende nur die Wurst hat zwei, jawohl mein Schatz, es ist vorbei, doch Du müsst nicht traurig sein…” :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Vielleicht mein liebste, ernste Abschiedslied. :slightly_frowning_face::grin:

2 Likes

What has brightened your day? -ongoing thread

Small Talk
Not this!! :joy:
Ps please have a good sense of humour before flagging this post! :stuck_out_tongue:
PPS Jeanette you know I love you… Peter can’t say the same 'cos I think you’d probably stalk me!
Not that you are a perv or anything…:hushed: lol

2 Likes

Fabelhaft! I am so happy for you :smiley:

1 Like

Yet again l feel like l have left the room only to return to find my universe has become a Salvidor Dali painting - don’t get me wrong l love surrealism but this is pushing the envelope to new heights​:expressionless::expressionless::expressionless:

Nothing wrong with that. Here’s one of my favourites Swans reflecting elephants ( I love the melting clocks too)

Gorgeous painting isn’t it a shame that all that ’ banksy’ crap has become so popular​:weary::weary::weary:

1 Like

The like is for the gorgeous painting bit you posted. Banksy is very talented but not all his work is to my taste.
PS Just opened up a new Topic 'cos of your reply. I hope everyone will add their favourite painting I really do love an image that moves me and is thought provoking…

@Anglozone purrs… :heart:

“Peter can’t say the same 'cos I think you’d probably stalk me! Not that you are a perv or anything”:hushed: lol

I’m tempted to frame that attestation of belief in my non-pervyness to hang on my wall, Tracey, but (welcome as it certainly is) it might carry a little more weight and heft if you could gather a half-dozen or so endorsements from others…? :thinking::roll_eyes::pensive:

Oh well, it was worth a try… :hugs::joy:

Brightened my day, though! :stars:

2 Likes

Three gloriously day brightening things today.

1. realised today…I could deliver 2 heaps of bottles/jars etc to the verre recyclage, by doggie remorque.!!
    I had imagined they would be too heavy a load, but only one short bit of hill proved too much for my e-bike,
    All the rest, sunny leafy lanes, bowling along, top speed, talking to the cows and horses etc as I passed.
    What a ride!
  2. Didn’t want to go straight home, so sped past my turning, and on to the village with the best caff. Very smiley lady there, never minds anything, always kind, she keeps my box of instant cappuccino, under the counter, so I can have my favourite drink, with granola biscuits any time… Filled up the empty remorque again, this time with groceries, fruit, fresh bread and butter, for breakfast. Big brown eggs, and bio cidre. Never lived so well!
  3. Brainwave! Found a pressure washer/sprayer, Cdiscount, big bargain, it will work as a high pressure shower, for me, a deluxe human-carwash, much more efficient than the river pump, recently defunct. Ace!
2 Likes

I never thought of you as a perv b4 this post. Now I will look for clues… You have to know for yourself! And watch out for archaic sexist speak of the 50s.

1 Like

James pressure washed me when it was really hot a couple of weeks back, worked a treat!

1 Like

Cat…:joy:…must be so much nicer too, having a hunky bloke to help out!
But the long ago dream of a power shower with full installation/ plumbing costs, has lost all the charm it ever had!
I love finding ultra cheap alternatives!

There you go Jeanette…present for you :gift:

2 Likes

Trying to teach an old dog new tricks? 樂

Envoyé depuis l’application Mail Orange

1 Like

THANK YOU FOR THINKING OF ME XX😃XX
I think you are in the Dordogne?
Wouldn’t work here in a cool bit of Brittany.
! Im not SO sure of that …that I could resist setting up a test…so I’ve got a 5litre plastic bottle of eau, wrapped in black…in the only bit of potential sun there is. But its dark and rainy now. Hopes are not high!

I know about solar power in shade…and yes, I know it can work pretty well, however…Here in a river valley (tiny) in deep shade, with a cliff that someone told me will landslip onto me and the cat and the house, one day, woodland all around,…there’s never been any hyper hot weather, yet.

There are mountains of useful tips on www, but finding the exactly right, personal solution, takes information and research, I haven’t got.

BUT…the beauty of my hobo stove/mini portable element heated, pressurised pump action shower, will be…
It will work for everyone!
The spray pump is 12 euros.

Inside my house, that has no water supply, and no shower at present…my ‘invention’ if all goes to plan…may keep me as a clean and fresh old granny, for the next decade…IF I last that long.

1 Like

Hi Jeanette :wave:t3:
I would love to see you on youtube making your bucketshower. :shower: I bet it would be hundred times better than the one I posted.
You’d probably trend and become an overnight sensation. :grin:
The idea of showering in the open, au naturel, is very appealing… but I can see your point about Brittany, even here in the Dordogne I would limit this to a summer activity. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

mm…:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:… I might one day get stuck into one of those horrific Life Skills/Being Wonderful Vid things …but especially for Fogies.
I’m sick to death of the beastly vids that give ancient peeps advice about how to fix false eyelashes, wigs, bum enhancers etc, so we can all look like Very Hot Pantomime Dames…ready for romance, after 65…

I don’t want to sprinkle warm water on the bucket-shower idea as illustrated by the ‘hunk’ in the video. But hanging a heavy metal bucket way out on a very slim branch, and five feet or so directly over one’s head seems foolhardy to me.

As is hitching the rope over a branch without a pulley (to eliminate friction on rope or branch and make pulling safer) unwise, to say the least. And making it fast on a chicken-wire fence?! :anguished:

I reckon Jeanette’s cheap pressure pump is a better option all round.

I’d sooner ladle water over myself out of a bucket with a small saucepan, much safer and less hassle IMO.

Male brain 0 - Female ♀brain 2 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes