What has brightened your day? -ongoing thread

Taking “the tip off”? :point_up:

Cannibalistic amuse-bouche more like!

And I would be the next six courses!

2 Likes

Like this perhaps?

Summary

A little recipe for Halloween methinks :jack_o_lantern:
Recette pour Halloween: mangez des doigts !?

1 Like

@Anglozone “Mangez-doigts” Toussaints

:joy: Tu l’as!! T’es incorrigible! Mais je t’aime bien!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Don’t know about you, Tracey, I’m just about botted out! :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Alas. There is no way to be sure of anything,.
“This is a seismic shift in human interaction. By becoming more bot-like in our communication, we are devaluing the very qualities that separate us from machines—our emotional intelligence and originality. In order to retain our humanness, we need to turn off our IFTTT brains and return to truly, genuinely, communicating”.
I must go now.

2 Likes

Let’s see what discobot has to say about that! :grin:
@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them. — William Shakespeare

1 Like

@Anglozone re the bard of Avon.

Very appropribot, and very sweet in a condensed milky tinny kinda way :hugs:.

Please thank it on my behalf. Still a bit twitched.

2 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like

@Jeanette_Leuers: “Alas”

Why alas, for goodness sake?

There is unfettered freedom in uncertainty, I think (though I am by no means certain, the apparantly ever-present doubt leaves room for movement of the discriminatory mind, what do you think?)

Sezame…sorry I could not help myself :wink:

I forgive you, but I think it’s a rather seedy retort. :yum:

It is becoming increasingly difficult to stay out of the way of the onward march of IT.
I refuse to have a Twitter account, yet there are many things in which I am interested that use it and nothing else.
I will not, however, succumb.

2 Likes

What has brightened my day today - already - is seeing someone I thought had either died or moved back to UK (possibly both).

Lovely chap, known him for years. Very shy/private and we have an agreement that when/if he needs help he contacts me asap, or gets someone else (the hospital etc) to contact me.

I was “reliably informed” by a mutual friend that his house was up for sale and he had returned to die in the UK.

Sad not to get to say goodbye, but there you go… :thinking:

Anyway, there he was this morning - larger than life - I almost crushed him to death with a huge hug. :hugs:

No, I did not ask him where he wanted to die… nothing like that.

I note that he is more wobbly/frail than when we last met, but he is still thoroughly enjoying France and long may he continue to do so. Phew… :sweat_smile::upside_down_face::smile::smile::smile:

6 Likes

Alas is a good word. Why not,“alas”? Unfettered freedom and uncertainty, are ongoing and undisturbed by any of my sf responses. That particular ‘alas’ is an expression of distaste for any involvement with IT… that I do not choose for myself. The Bot has seemed to me to be intrusive and irritating, to me from time to time, no, not often, most particularly in breaking up a paragraph to make it unreadable, or blocking a conversation with instructions to make that available to everyone, to join in…just stooopid remarks from a m achine…but I am happy to accept that it is the choice of the forum, generally speaking. Which tells me perhaps I should be on my way. It is a very good tool in many respects, I think, adjusted to the prefs. of any forum. :smiley:

1 Like

Today’s day brightener!..The thought that it is still not too late, to hurry … Just a bit, sans stress. Everything is ready to get on with work started ages ago, and I can be ready and fully ticking over, by 6.30.

1 Like

This a.m, today’s brightener. …
Years ago, I burned out a travelling water heater, for making hot drinks.
It went to dechets, but I kept its two interlocking plastic cups, together with its, very efficient, ground coffee dripper. Almost never used,as I was accustomed to Brit Nescaff.
This morning had delicious real coffee, on the balcony in sunshine.
Had no idea it worked so well!

1 Like

Little victories !

1 Like

Bob! Every time I feel like I’ve crushed a bit more consumerism…that feels like a MAJOR victory to me. On behalf of every person on the planet,
who feels stressed… pushed to try to be “rich”… In order to live a reasonable life.
If nobody else has started the revolution yet, I will do it myself. Not Being Wealthy, mustn’t be promoted as reason to be sad.
Not having decent healthcare etc, that IS…especially if its for your kids or grannies. Sometimes I think people WANT to return to Dickensian living. Full of tragic poverty/suffering and the grotesque comic/cruel characters of his tales…:smiley:

1 Like

Happyhappyhappy daughter #2 defended her MPhil dissertation in front of a jury in Strasbourg just now and got 15 :star::champagne::clinking_glasses::bouquet:

8 Likes

@vero happyhappyhappy

Is there a French equivalent of “chip d’un vieux bloc”? :grinning::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes