What is it?

The visual is my principal sensory modality, Babeth, but to the detriment of my ability to listen in a focused way. I have developed a tactic for improving my auditory concentration: I see the words being spelled out in a virtual ‘ticker-tape’ in my head, a bit like subtitles. I find this easy to do, even long words and rapid speech. It then makes more sense and ‘sticks’ in my memory.

If challenged to remember a conversation I am inclined to panic. My mind goes blank! Given time to reconstruct a visual representation of the conversation, I can make a better job of recollecting who said what! But in general people don’t understand this embarrassing difficulty, and think I’m being evasive or just plain thick :dizzy_face::grinning:

2 Likes

I’m sure you would have been a realy efficient detective Peter. It is so important to have a different way of seeing the world ! And so nice to see things than other won’t see or feel, even if you look “evasive”. It just make the world more interesting :hugs: I do appreaciate the way you are analysing my pictures.

2 Likes

Is it a fish skin ?

1 Like

Looking at the image in landscape orientation, I seem to see a number of human faces looking out at the observing eye, so I’m beginning to think it may be a deteriorated ‘group photo’, possibly in an out-of-doors setting. The faces, and some indistinct figures or parts there of, lead me to think that the figures/faces are of young people, probably of both sexes.

No, it is not a deteriorated picture Peter.

Hum :thinking:, getting there…

Is it a bird :bird:?

Peter… my family have long thought of me as “potty”… due to my ability to see faces, animals etc etc in the most bizarre settings… eg the flock wallpaper used by the Chinese restaurants of my teenage years…

I love the way you describe this ability…(perhaps I can now dare to call it a talent?) … and yes, I too go “dumb” when challenged… something I have had to train myself to control, with only partial success… :wink::thinking:

Old paint and rust on wooden garden furniture?

@Stella @Peter you are both obviously very sensitive to pareidolia :relaxed:

1 Like

No, not a bird or an old paint. Peter Bird is on the good way !

A feather?

No, not a feather Chris.

A member of the squid family? Those little dots look like chromatophores.

Yes they are chromatophores, but not from a squid

1 Like

Chamaeleon? I’ve never see one close up .

No, not a Chamaeleon, you were closer with a squid

:squid::octopus: :heart: I love these
Cuttlefish?

Not an octopus either

clutching at straws… lobster?