What's going on with AstraZeneca?

Vanessa did that at the local Fire Station Jane and prior to the change in the rules about the language requirement for nationalisation, the certificate would have sufficed as the (then) language requirement.

It’s really worth doing it as so many communities now have defibrillators in public spaces, every bit helps. So don’t just be a bystander wishing you can do something - DO SOMETHING!
And for you ladies, you get to meet you local Fire Fighters in the flesh, rather than just lust over their calendar photos :rofl:

1 Like

We have a woman pompier at our station…

We do too. I’ve even considered volunteering but need to loose some weight and get fit before that happens (and find out more about what it involves!).

what ever turns you on…

Strokes are not nice at all, I had an bad industrial accident that split the back of my skull, caused a bad bleed and clot which stopped my heart in ICU, they got me going again and after 2 weeks I had another one on the right, the first being on the left, that and sepsis.
Ended up barely able to speak and weaknesses on my L hand side, I lost the fingers on my left hand and had to learn to walk, talk and read again, took me 4 years, it helped my wife was a physical care assistant.
I get tired quite easily but you get by, the problem with the scull fracture was the scar tissue went through my upper thalamus (sleep center) meaning I don’t get tired and don’t get much REM sleep, I get maybe 45 hours sleep a month, but as I said you get by, never give in and if you are lucky you get your life back to as near normal as possible, I retired at 45, though might get a job again selling lucky white heather :yum::grin:
I was lucky and I hope your friend is too, I hope she has a full recovery and I hope you continue to make good progress as well Graham :sunglasses:.

4 Likes

I know you think of your comments like this as light hearted banter but Madame Wood found them sexist and slightly insulting - I know, l know l’m being too politically correct and over sensitive for your liking Graham but l tend to agree with her - these types of comments are probably best left elsewhere especially as you are currently leading the campaign for ‘red flagging’.

3 Likes

Well, it’s light hearted banter that I have been defending Dan in the red flag thread (and singing your praises to boot).
I’m sorry Madame Wood finds my humour unamusing but I’m sure others had a quiet chuckle nonetheless and totally in keeping with the ethos some seem so keen to protect.

1 Like

Lighten up Dan.

3 Likes

Even my old gran, who was a paragon of Victorian virtue would have chuckled at that :smiley:

1 Like

Not sure, it’s quite tired as a joke…

2 Likes

Depending on the delay this will be for a carotid endarterectomy which aims to relieve narrowing in the carotid artery, but is not “removing the clot” - UK guidelines are that this is done within 1 week (2 at most) of the onset of symptoms if there is > 50-70% stenosis.

Embolectomy or thrombectomy refer to removing the clot itself and the benefit of doing so diminishes rapidly following the onset of symptoms, so if it is done, it needs to be within a few hours of diagnosis.

I consider it light hearted banter … so sad that the world is becoming sterile and no one can add some humour to conversation on a forum.

1 Like

Point of order … I (and other men on the planet) also enjoy lusting over the calendar :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My sentiments exactly Peter :+1:

The red flags have got sod all to do with comments being found unpalatable.

3 Likes

I do keep wondering if people have got the wrong end of the stick, or I have perhaps, because it seems like a very sensible and smart idea if it’s what I read it as; the odd thread that is kept as a reference rather than conversation thread so the important information is easy to find.

I kept saying myself with a lot of the vaccine threads that I ideally wanted to mute or ignore them as I wasn’t interested in the conversation, but that I couldn’t as amongst that there was good factual information about daily vaccine totals, percentage make up of vaccine from each manufacturer were being given, information on which age groups were currently being given which vaccine, what the government guidelines were and how they were changing, but it was all being hidden within a lot of other content.

2 Likes

Looks like the worm is turning…

For what it’s worth Graham I don’t think your joke was sexist. Plus this isn’t a red flag thread. It’s a cut and thrust hotbed of passionate debate :smile: Maybe we need a green flag for those of a sensitive nature (joke).

I’m sorry to hear of your health issues, I guess we’re all deteriorating in our own little way :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Whether it is the UK or EU it is all political, self serving, points scoring, smoke and mirrors :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

What is Colin?