What's going on with AstraZeneca?

You have accused us of being old codgers and then identify yourself as approving of the biggest one of them all.
How strange.

1 Like

It was my GSOH what dun it your grace…

It felt like you were patronising me Graham - I also didn’t realise that if we praise or like another members input we cannot then disagree forcefully on any other issue without being rather childishly reminded of it. :no_mouth:

1 Like

No Dan, it was genuine praise and appreciation, honestly and I’ve said so elsewhere too.
At the risk of being further misunderstood… we’re obviously not out of the Woods yet :wink:

actually - to reverse something on reflection doe sound as though it was a kne jerk in the first place?

Yes, I thought the same when I wrote it Jonathan but on reflection I do usually think about something before posting and don’t see it as a weakness to have a change of mind.

Il n’y a que les cons qui ne changent pas d’avis.

1 Like

bad boy, Graham :slight_smile:

1 Like

Perhas they won’t be so keen when they find that people are having the same problems with clotting with the Moderna vaccine, re my post regarding the poor lady from our village who is now under the care of a neurologist in hospital in Chalon after being taken ill with a clot in her carotid artery the day after a Moderna vaccination.
It seems to me that the cases of clots being caused with other vaccines than the AZ were being kept more quiet, but evidence will out.
I don’t know what they are going to do when they find that there is, more than likely, a miniscule risk, one in a million I believe for the J & J vaccine, and they have no vaccines left on their list to combat Covid.
Perhaps by then a semblance of reason will affect governments.
As long as people are made aware of any likely side effects and seek medical treatment if they are one of the unlucky ones, the vaccination programme can continue apace.

2 Likes

And one in eight hundred of dying from COVID-19.

2 Likes

Amazing coincidence… Good old cousin Marie, on the ball as usual :smile:

2 Likes

that is excellent, but it does need to be kept in proportion to the number of people appearing with this extremely rare clotting and the number of people saved by these vaccines.

1 Like

Oh I agree Jane. I’ll still take my second AZ shot on the 8th. But the more that’s known about this issue the quicker it’ll be addressed.

3 Likes

It’s estimated that had the AZ vaccine been available in the UK before the pandemic there would have been 100,000 fewer deaths from Covid-19 but about 5 from clots.

4 Likes

I think that there are investigations going on re AZ and also if it will be more effective to give two different vaccines rather than two of the same one.

1 Like

Better that people die of coronavirus than a jab to prevent it. Unless Denmark has a stash of alternative vaccine then it is likely that more people will die as a result of the virus than the very few who might die from the vaccine.

That’s the plan according to your linked article - not that they are not vaccinating anyone…

1 Like

We should probably mention this too. Poor old AZ getting all the flak!!
Izzy x

2 Likes