Where are you from and where did you move to in France?

Sadly my favourite restaurant has taken a bit of a nose-dive on the quality side and another one recently shut, however …

In town I quite like Ma Cantine, it’s tiny but the food is great. Zanelli is “just” a pizzeria, but it has a gorgeous terrace and (I’m saying this married to an Italian) actually does good pasta - I cannot recommend their tagliatelle with noix de st-jaques enough. The same people who own Zanelli also have Le Comptoir du 7 on the other side of town, which is a different budget but you eat very well. Midi à L’ombre is also nice, surprisingly large garden at the rear.

Obviously you have to do the Pont du Gard! Collias is nice if you want to go and chill out by the river, though perhaps even nicer (though a bit of a drive) is La Roque-sur-Cèze. Canoeing from Collias under the Pont du Gard is nice, all downstream and they pick you up with a bus at the end. Nîmes is worth a visit, it’s very nice now it’s all renovated. The steam railway from Anduze to Saint-Jean-du-Gard is fun (if it’s open - I don’t know if it was impacted by the flooding last year) and Anduze is worth a visit, with the Bambouserie next door, highly recommended. Avignon is close with the Palais des Papes.

Hope that helps!

It certainly does Greg - thanks so much - copied to all the family! - my wife has already booked us into Zanelli’s first night - and I know my daughter will go for the tagliatelle with noix st-jaques, even though she’s not here -she’s already on holiday in Corsica.
Actually we’ve been to Nimes and the Pont du Gard before en famille, but the kids were much younger then (now 17-21) so it will be entirely different - and I worked in Avignon years ago with Unicooptrans (now UCT) but loved it there and would like to show the family.
Thanks again!

1 Like

I live in Turkiye I will go to France soon. It is called romorantin-lanthenay. I’m looking for a rent a home, I’ll leave as soon as I find it. A period of 3 months. I will try to get a longer term visa later. I don’t know any French, but I know a little English. It would be nice if I had a friend who spoke French and English. Is there anyone who lives in romorantin and can help me about that place? Maybe we can also do activity type things. I know there are many Turks there, but I don’t want to hang out with Turks.

Hello @Anıl and welcome to this forum…

Please can you tell us a little about yourself, … your likes and dislikes, your hobbies… etc.

You are visiting for 3 months… but what made you choose France and Romorantin -Lanthenay in particular ??

I hope you can find some friends and a little info might help… :wink: