Where are you getting your fix since Brexit

As it’s coming from the Netherlands, shipping is a lot cheaper. 4.99€ for 1kg of dry goods, 7.99€ for upto 2kg and 11.99€ for up to 30kg!!

2 Likes

Excitement mounting…no not that…BUT I’m having a kipper for breakfast. Our local Super U (in 22) has now started having proper kippers on the fish counter. I’m fact so like those, look feel and taste, from Craster I suspect they are almost certainly imports… had them at Xmas and now every couple of months so freezer has some for further enjoyment.

1 Like

just think of all that salt John… bad for your heart!!
Reminds me of a time in a restaurant in Le Touquet I asked for Dover Sole… “Monsieur, we do not 'ave the Dover sole 'ere… that is the scraps the French pêcheurs throw back in la mer for the 'ingleesh to catch” :rofl:

Now and again isn’t going to hurt anybody Graham. Everything in moderation.
Izzy x

sorry, I forgot - you don’t do humour do you…

Really Graham, that wasn’t necessary. You need to calm down, stress isn’t good for the heart.
Izzy x

1 Like

you do need to understand that John and I often communicate by DM/email and I am 100% certain he will take no offence in my comment which was made in jovial fashion. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

As was mine Graham, nuance is so difficult when writing. I guess the odd emoji helps but, as an old fogey, I often forget :grinning::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Izzy x

Of course no offence …and beer and wine etc, etc is bad bad too, my glass is sometimes full, half full, half empty, empty…and in the last case I revert to the first!
Mind you maybe kipper aren’t good for gout :japanese_ogre:
But I do draw the line at tobacco products

2 Likes

and sex… seen how may people die on the job, as it were :latin_cross: :flushed:

Happened to my 78 Yr old relative many years ago…the mistress was very embarrassed

way to go with a :boom: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

OHalf…“OMG that kipper stinks”…“can’t make omelette without breaking eggs” I replied.

was it the cook in bag variety or just plain fish?
Vanessa doesn’t do fish (despite being an Essex girl raised by the seaside) if you can call sarfend the seaside so the boil in the bag versions meet her approval :wink:

sacrilege.
A kipper is not a kipper if it’s boiled in a bag.

Not that I won’t eat it anyway. But compared to a Craster kipper or my favourite, an Arbroath smokie, boil in a bag is a different food.

Getting jealous as in deepest Lot we don’t have a Super U or Grand Frais anywhere near.

1 Like

@graham …was your mouth out Sir…kippers in a bag, never, they have to be on the bone and grilled slowly…as on the Brighton Belle or other Brit Rail in their golden years!

1 Like

Disappointed for you as other than a shed like but good new Lidl they are our go too food shops
Quite a cosmopolitan choice here in Nth 22

Was your uncle an advocate in Glasgow? Are you my cousin?

1 Like

Now that WOULD be funny :smiley:

1 Like

@vero …he was sales director for a publisher, and demise in home counties, so I think not.