Where are you getting your fix since Brexit

I also like marmite and have some left from a delivery from a friend in September. When I run out I can get it from a local grocery in the Jura (39) that sells HP sauce, English mustard and other things :two_hearts:

Ooooo you lucky girl! I may have to up sticks & move the the Jura.

Which shop Catherine? I’ve only found those sort of things at hyper U

@toryroo I found this I think “Aussi accent” clip Marmite v Vegemite. The Marmite packaging doesn’t look like the real stuff though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NusPm5lwF9o

Chez Andrew in Arlay. You’ll find him on google maps. About 30 mins from Orgelet.

Thanks. I know where the shop is in Arlay, never bothered to stop as thought just a standard Proxi. Maybe I will next time I go past. Is he the same man who used to be a lorry driver, and a few years back tried his hand at a market stall of UK products? Scottish I seem to recall, and married to a french women with three kids?

Very glad he’s found something and seem to be very well supported locally as the market stall was an embarrassment!

He’s from Yorkshire and a great friend of ours.

I will be going back and forth for the next couple of years (Covid permitting!). I’d be happy to get some in the UK and forward to you when I get here. I use Macro from time to time, so could compare prices with supermarkets - 250g is currently £2.70 in Asda.
Where are you based? I’m in Pays de Loire.
As a lifelong Marmite addict, I feel your pain!

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Very funny, the actual ‘Marmite’ doesn’t look the same, it is darker and harder than english Marmite (looks like vegemite :rofl:)!

See what I have here! I don’t greatly care for vegemite, unfortunately. This was bought in Oz and brought here so it is The Real Thing :grin:

2 Likes

Not the same person then! Or if he was, and is your friend, then I’d better explain that I found the market stall embarrassing because of the quality of the british products on it not him! Seeing a french stall displaying macarons and beautiful cakes next to something with jammy dodgers and custard creams didn’t make me proud to be British.

Super U do a very good equivalent…would difficult to tell the difference in a blind taste test

1 Like

From your pic you are obviously big tea drinkers.?..direct export from Harrogate?

I asked my local E.Leclerc supermarket to include it on their British products shelves. Three weeks later, there they were alongside the Heinz beans, scones and Typhoo Tea! The 8oz (250g) jar is about 8.50 euros.

3 Likes

Hi Anne-Marie,
That is very kind of you, thanks a lot! I’m in Burgundy in a small village called Vézelay.
With one small jar left, I’m already starting to feel the pain.
From one addict to another :two_hearts:

1 Like

I’ve seen on other posts that your kitchen has many strange & beautiful foods, spices & other great delights and you cook up many a delicious looking meal.
This photo from your well-stocked larder… I can see that you’re a bit of a tease, you’re making me jealous & I’m suffering… :bomb: :pleading_face:
Ahhhh!!! :wink:

1 Like

mmmmmm :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Do you still have your random Aussie stuck with you?

Here’s one 4 u, I don’t like the way they treat/ hang the poor Koala!
Men at work he just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s

2 Likes

Best Aussie song ever for overseas Aussies! Everyone always goes crazy when it comes on!

3 Likes