Where are you getting your fix since Brexit

If you are ever in Lyon it is the most marvellous shop…stuffed full of things from around the world. Makes me very happy just to stand in it.

That is very interesting, Warren. Thank you! Pity I don’t live closer to get the free postage!

Is there an Irish supermarket chain that ships to europe?

Sorry everyone but because Marmite was included in the banned substances section in the Brexit agreement, the EU is now a marmite free zone, no more stinking, horrible, smelly brown crud in jars allowed, or to coin a good old Scottish word “minging” :yum::wink::hugs:

1 Like

If it wasn’t it should be.

Unfortunately Long way from north Brittany coast to Lyon even to visit a foodie paradise

Only Marmite could generate 66 threads like this

1 Like

I’ve got a tub of marmite, used mainly for cooking (ever tried using it making roast potatoes :yum:?). I will miss heinz salad cream and Branston pickle, can’t ever remember seeing them in shops here.

We just got both from the British Corner Shop.

Saw this in my local marché de Léopold this morning - it is a smallish chain of good value organic shops. Better than biocoop or la vie claire.

1 Like

I still have a stock of real tea though

2 Likes

Also posted on another thread

@Mark Super U here has both Heinz Salad Cream and Branston pickle. Wish it didn’t really as there would be more room for food :smiley:
@Wozza - you haven’t been on a long trip north by any chance? Our SuperU this morning was completely out of Marmite - empty shelf where it normally is…

1 Like

That is JUST what I am looking for @vero . I bet they don’t have that chain of shops near me :slightly_frowning_face:

Just checked…nothing north of Tours…

Baked Beans have gone up from €1.75 to €2.96 in our local SuperU today…

Due to demand or tariff imposition I wonder…

Their telephone number is 09 67 88 17 79, they might be willing to send a parcel? What with covid and having to shut at 6 they might be happy to do it.

1 Like

Good idea @vero - thank you! I’ll try working up my best French :smiley:

1 Like

OMG. impressed to go along with your marmite.
We’ve just had our underfloor heating overhauled by an excellent local heat engineer., he loved our Yorkshire Tea ( we lived near its home…Harrogate until 18 months ago) so much our friends bought an extra 150 sachet box for him!

1 Like