Where are you getting your fix since Brexit

Just before the 31st December, I ordered and received from my usual supplier 2kg of large leaf loose English Breakfast tea. I’ve not got to the running out stage yet, although I do drink a lot of it, but so far haven’t discovered a good quality replacement. I’ve found quite a few tea suppliers in France but none of them (understandably) do English Breakfast. Do I have to blend my own?

(The reason I don’t drink the usual stuff i teabags is that I don’t like the flavour of teabags and I do like large leaf tea. I think it’s my only extravagent foible :thinking: )

Never tried it but you could try Irish Beakfast tea.
https://www.comptoir-irlandais.com/fr/13-thes-nature

1 Like

Have you tried going to a tea shop? Most places have tea and coffee places that sell loose leaf tea and coffee beans and so on. English Breakfast is quite popular as a blend, so lots online too

1 Like

Thanks Warren @Wozza - never tried Irish Breakfast so might give that a go,

Those are very interesting links, Jane @JaneJones ! How come I couldn’t find them? :thinking: :thinking:
I have tried the local teashops (and bought some interesting teas!) but none of them had English Breakfast. However, thank you very much for that - I shall give the links a go…

It may not be called english breakfast tea… did you ask them for a “thé du matin - melange de thés noirs Assam, Darjeeling et Ceylan.”?

With the local tea room, they described each of their teas to me - in great detail as they were massive enthusiasts :smiley: The ingredient that seemed to be missing in their black tea blends was assam and I couldn’t get it separately either. (I’ve got a stock in, in case…)

It just occurs to me that there is a popular tea room in St Lo I could try. The very posh one in Granville just did tea bags (where is the “shock” emoji?)!

On my epic quest of the Marmite holy grail, I came across this site thought it may be of interest.

@toryroo
This site has Vegemite too…

1 Like

I’m In the Marmite is disgusting group but Madame K loves the stuff so thanks for the link.

And I had you down as a connoisseur of the finer things.
Madame K will find this link good too & the cheapest I’ve found for Marmite.

1 Like

Cheapest place to buy PG Tips I’ve found in France, though never ordered by their website, I’ve been a customer for years for tea, spices etc. If you’re ever in Paris there are plenty of very cheap and good curries to be found on the same road.
https://velan.paris/11-thes-et-infusions?id_category=11&n=55

1 Like

Jane ,…what a star you are…our kind of online supplier thanks.
Fingers crossed that they won’t have post Brexit supply problems!

Another marmite mine!

Very good shops and always worth a visit…excellent selection of Malt whisky… not the supermarket bog standards… but at a price

OK yes it is amazon.fr mea culpa but LOOK LOOK at these beauties, 1.2kg of marmite for 34€ (and I suspect you can get free delivery seeing it is over €25) or 1.2kg for €22,59 but possibly postage charges - anyway have a look :blush:

1 Like

a grumpy French lady …( well .your description elsewhere, ) liking Marmite…I’m impressed :slight_smile:

It is very umami, I love umami it is my favourite taste. Twiglets are fantastic because of their marmitiness.

1 Like

I wonder if this link might be of any use:

Because of this thread, when returning home yesterday and seeing there was a small amount of baguette leftover I had it with marmite - first time in about a year, and yes it was good.

1 Like

Ouch! That’s a price and a half…literally.