I am a hopeless romantic with the wild idea that I've got to somehow get to France to make a life with my boyfriend. Unfortunately, he has been in Paris looking for a job for 16 months now, so it doens't look good for me to just sell my house in America and live there with him while I continue to build my internet business.
So.... any advice on HOW I should proceed would be greatly welcomed.
1) Should I continue trying to get a job with an American company? Most of the ones I see are for IT specialists and I don't do that so it has been frustrating.
2) Should I just come on a tourist visa and work odd jobs, maybe as a caretaker of a gitte or an English walking tour guide in Paris? Something where I could be paid in cash and hope for the best?
3) Should I just come on an extended tourist visa and hope for the best until my money runs out?
4) Should I get a certificate as an ESL instructor or are there too many of people doing that already?
5) I've heard horror stories about trying to establish a business as a foreigner. How bad is it?
6) Where do I even begin to sort out the various visa rules of France? Are there really helpful web sites? What happens if I come on a tourist visa but then want to either take a real job or start a business? When I search Google I get a lot of blogs but not a lot of hard information.
Thanks for any direction.