Where to buy good quality bed linen?

Hello knowledgeable peeps,

My duvet covers and sheets are becoming more and more threadbare, and I’m being forced to accept that these things don’t last forever. It’s time to buy some new bedding. Can anyone recommend an online shop in France where I can find some good quality high-thread count cotton sheets and pillowcases? I could buy on a whim, but I’d prefer to be guided by your experiences if possible.

I’m a bit of a snowflake when it comes to sheets - I hate having rough fabric against my skin. 100% cotton, as smooth as possible, in plain white or cream would be ideal.

All recommendations gratefully welcomed, especially if you too hate having scratchy bed linen.

Thank you!

1 Like

I now buy linen (you might need a mortgage tho’). Can be grown in Europe, needs far less water as a crop than cotton, and the more you wash it the softer it gets. And no need to iron as that makes it less soft!!

And they last, and last, and last…

French grown is most expensive, but also other countries.

This is where I bought my last lot

https://www.linenme.fr/linge-de-lit?field_designs_tid_selective=700&sort_by=field_product_new_value

La Redoute also do linen that is less expensive.

1 Like

M&S France do a 100% cotton 600 thread count sateen bed sheet - soft against skin

https://www.marksandspencer.com/en-fr/pure-cotton-600-thread-count-sateen-fitted-sheet/p/P60499060.html

1 Like

Do not get taken in by thread count, anything over 259 on a single thread is likely a marketing ploy.

That looks great - thank you.

Thanks for the link. :slight_smile:

Perfect. I may well try this one. Thank you!

Never forget to have a look on eBay. You never know … 4 x [280x320] new in packaging white flat sheets for 65.70€ inc p n p.

Judging by the eyewatering prices on the links - even M & S wants €120 for one [fitted] 280 x320. Compagnie du Blanc 109€ for Coton Peigné - whatever that is - which mine happen to be.

They turned up a couple of days ago. The material does look very deluxe - extremely fine weave. Another Ebay winner.

It really should be a 1st or 2nd port of call [after Amazon checked for benchmark market prices] for anything. I have a very nice Pierre Cardin jkt - £25. Aquascutum ditto £30. Brookes Bros ‘preppie’ jkt £30. Same thing with trs.

I did come across a bloke selling a 'Mint teabag - used once. Will make another nice cup of mint tea’

1 Like

Have you tried Dacron Coolmax bedding from The Duvet Store?
We use it and have used it in our gite.
One of our guests said it made her feel like a princess, it was like sleeping in a peachskin, it is so soft.
Plus it is light and easy to handle and launder.

2 Likes

La Redoute also have a sale on home stuff at the moment, up to 30% off.

1 Like
1 Like

I hadn’t even thought of eBay - thanks for reminding me!

I hadn’t even heard of it, let alone tried it. It looks really very interesting though - especially as I’m at that hormonal ‘warm’ age…

Thanks - I’ll have a look there too.

That’s a very reasonable price - thanks John.

Check the reviews…

As always, buyer beware. However, if you’re not happy Amazon takes stuff back and refunds. Unlike all these bloody shops who’s expiring bon d’achets I’ve in my wallet.

I have bought from them in the UK and didn’t have any problems with the goods, and as John said if you don’t like them just send them back.

Li,nen Bundle…duvet cover, fitted sheet,and two pillow cases cost me about 100euros.(with discount) Beautiful quality, extremely comfortable and cheap!
Just go on line and tap in Linen Bundle. As the name suggests it’s pure linen at less than the cost of revolting supermarché stuff.

Got excited! But I could only find cotton? They say ethical cotton, but no explanation of what that means or where it comes from…