Where to buy insulin in France?

Hello!

I am traveling to france for a few months and I am a type 1 diabetic, so I will need to buy Humalog and Lantus insulin pens.

Does anyone know of a common chain pharmaceutical store, which is located in all of France where I could get them?

And something very important, do I need a prescription to buy them in France and in that pharmacy?

They look something like this.

Thanks!

Iā€™m not a diabetic but I would have thought a prescription was needed. You can make an appointment with a GP and get them to give you a checkup and prescription. Youā€™ll have to pay of course,

1 Like

Hello Stanley and welcome to the forum.

I believe we have some members who have knowledge of diabetesā€¦ hopefully someone will come back to you soon.

by the wayā€¦ which country will you be coming from ???
cheers

1 Like

Glargine and Humalog should be available without any difficulty - but you will need a prescription (ordonnance).

If in France ā€œfor a few monthsā€ you would need to make sure you have healthcare provision anyway.

2 Likes

You need a prescription, they are widely available and the box of 5 you showed above will cost about ā‚¬45. Someone in the French system would be reimbursed a minimum of 65%. We donā€™t really have chain chemists.

2 Likes

You need to ask your UK doctor to give you a cross-border prescription, which you fill at any pharmacy. The only chains are parapharmacies and they donā€™t provide prescribed drugs. Or if you are over here for three months or less bring them with you - you can get big enough cool bags.

Here

1 Like

Interesting - I didnā€™t know you could do that

Pity that you wonā€™t be able to after the end of the year.

Hi Stanley, not the real Stanley Kubrick are you? The famous film director? If not thatā€™s a very unusual name!
@Stella

3 Likes

Maybe his or her real name is Barry Lyndon. Or Clark Work-Orange. Or something else entirely.

1 Like

I think that Stanley died

3 Likes

This is very helpful, thank you!

I should be less cynical, I know, but Stanley Kubrick? Honestly?

2 Likes

Yupā€¦

1 Like

Stanleyā€¦

Please can you tell us a little about yourselfā€¦
Iā€™ve already asked which country you will be coming fromā€¦ and Iā€™m intrigued to know why you are comingā€¦ Holiday or Workā€¦???

cheers :relaxed: :relaxed:

Surely itā€™s up to each person to provide as much or as little info as they wish? He had a genuine query, so thatā€™s enough isnā€™t it?

I get your point @JaneJones but there is no point in mentioning prescriptions from the UK if the OP comes from elsewhereā€¦ :thinking:

2 Likes

And also if you use a pseudonym,which I am not saying he is, use one less obvious

1 Like

True ā€˜nuffā€¦:deer::racehorse::spider_web:

For what itā€™s worthā€¦

ā€œdeparting countryā€ will play a major part in what the OP can and cannot doā€¦ re medications etcā€¦ they are all so different.
eg what can be transported in cool bagsā€¦ verboten in some situations I believeā€¦ :upside_down_face:

and the scenarios of Holiday and Workā€¦ are very different and throw up different Health/Medical Insurance needs/means

Had I asked for shoe size or favourite colourā€¦ that, I agree, might get me verbally smackedā€¦ :crazy_face:

Perhaps we are all finally succumbing to coronavirusitisā€¦ :crazy_face: :sweat_smile: :rofl:

Hi Stella!,

Cheers, Sorry, I couldnā€™t really reply to anyone until I could grab my computer.

Well, Iā€™m originally from Spain, but Iā€™m traveling from the united states because I live over here.

I do have a medical insurance, that of course on the policy covers me in any foreign country for a good amount, in case of any emergency Iā€™ll be taken out of it and sent back to where I live

Iā€™m just going to visit around, to check on some friends, I have acquaintances and friends in both Paris and Bordeaux, and the south of France too, and I plan to visit them all.

My name itā€™s Oscar, not too far away from Stanley Kubrick I honestly didnā€™t knew I had to use like my legitimate name and surname

1 Like