Where to buy insulin in France?

Hi Oscar

If you are coming to France from abroad… you will more than likely be walking through metal detectors at some point just to arrive on French soil.

The metal detectors are in place for a very good reason and ordinary folk (such as you and I) may consider them a nuisance and/or embarrassment (at times) but we all know why they are there.

You intend to travel widely, across France… and frankly, it is not possible for us (or anyone) to say with hand on heart where you will or will not come across a metal detector.

Have you thought of asking your friends … here in France… what is currently in place around them… in Paris, Bordeaux etc etc… since you are planning to visit them it might ease your mind to have their help and support.

the borders are not yet open… you have plenty of time…

There are no metal detectors on trains, or even placed before boarding trains that circulate in France that I know of. The only exceptions I can think of are the Eurostar trains to the United Kingdom and possibly Brussels/Amsterdam (not sure about those two). Of course, things might have changed in Paris, it has been a while since I took a TGV from any of the main Paris stations (Bercy doesn’t count as a main Paris station apparently, and it doesn’t have any TGV departures or arrivals that I know of).

If you were going to have any issues with transporting needles, it would be at the airport, or at the Eurostar railway station (part of the Gare du Nord) to/from the UK and/or possibly Belgium/Netherlands).