Where to buy insulin in France?

I hope that you haven’t carried out that sort of research into my identity

I had bought a Dave Matthews Band CD years before I visited the states but didn’t realise how big he was until I flew to Seattle to join an organised tour to the Rockies. Many of the other members of the group messaged their friends and families to say, guess who is coming with us…
Seattle is relevant as that’s his home town.
I have taught a real Harry Potter I’m sure he experiences worse every time he goes out.

Last time I had to get needles I had to have a prescription (I now use pre-loaded pens so not an issue). It would slightly surprise me if anyone could go into any pharmacy as getting needles is reported to be a problem for illegal drug users. But perhaps if you can show you need them for a legal use.

You will also need a sharps box presumably? I don’t know if this is the same across France but my pharmacy supplies them freely, and takes them back once full.

I have a friend who is a french pharmacist, so happy to ask him about it if you’d like.

1 Like

Well, clearly you are using that as a pseudonym and should reveal your true identity immediately. :slightly_smiling_face: :wink:

However Oscar, or Stanley or whoever they really are has been picking some rather obvious nom de plume’s

I do know Elizabeth Taylor … but not the famous one. :rofl:

No idea what is going on… but whatever…

Security guards and the metal detectors should sort out the wheat from the chaff… :relaxed: :relaxed: :relaxed:

Thanks, this is very useful!

I’m quite a well known artist by the way http://www.paulflinders.net/

(it would be nice but, sadly, that is a different Paul Flinders)

2 Likes

I used to work with one of those too. As she was very quick to point out, it was her married name.

:wink: I went to school with this Liz… :roll_eyes: Parents can get “carried away”… :crazy_face:

At least I wasn’t called Stanley.

1 Like

a client of mine had a baby girl and called her Mercedes (got me thinking…)

Wasn’t there an uproar a few years back… a father who didn’t want a car model to carry a certain name (whatever) since that was his daughter’s name… (stuff and nonsense… :laughing:)

@Graham_Lees - stop thinking ! :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

He shouldn’t have called her “Ford Pontiac” then… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mercedes cars are named for the daughter of one of Daimler or Benz’s partners. Mercedes is a normal Spanish name.
The hoo ha was about people wanting to call their daughter Mégane when their surname is Renault.
Mind you I don’t remember any hoo ha among people called Hélène when Citroën brought out their LN model.

One of my daughters is called (among other things) Clio who is as any fule kno the muse of history but of course people who have never heard of the M of H just think ‘car’ which is a bit sad.

On car names I recall that the Toyota MR2 (nice car, wouldn’t mind owning one again) was marketed in France as the (I think) M2

Apparently the French pronunciation of MR2 is not very flattering … :wink:

1 Like

as in “my wife’s a mare too” :rofl: :rofl:

Merde!

1 Like

Indeed, or merdeux.

Either way not terribly good for the brand :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Again Jane,

Sorry for intruding, but you seemed to be like one of the most serious persons on this query,.

Sorry for intruding, but are you diabetic yourself? You seem to know a lot about the medic sector in France, I researched also, and my medical insurance don’t cover up medical consultations on the foreign, so I think my best bet it’s just to carry with me like 3-4 insulin bundles with their respective needles, or try to see if a GP in france particular or whatever can see me and give me a prescription for that, but I don’t know how hard can It be If I’m foreigner.

Also, I asked about the metal detectors on trains, metro and such because I can’t really walk through them because I wear a tiny glucose sensor that goes on my skin, and metal detectors can misconfigure them or just screw them over, but I can take a manual inspection, I’m not trying anything weird as many people on here thought… Idk if any time I cross with one of those, I can gently ask and tell the guard that and tell him he can manually check me if he wants

The sensor does look something like this