Where to buy Weetabix?

Weetabix comes in the same category as Marmite…for me.

I found some Weetabix :grinning:
It was in Carrefour in the biscuit aisle :thinking:

My Super U sells it in the cereal aisle.

Jealous on the UK sausages and bacon being sold!

Cheery

1 Like

It’s Cheerios that seem to have totally disappeared from France (although occasionally see the awful honey encrusted ones!). It’s a shame as Lidl used to do an own brand one that the kids really liked.

1 Like

Never actually seen these in France but listed as an alternative…

:nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

Weetabix is generally available here (dept.66). Its Shredded Wheat that is the problem to find. Intermarche has our favourite brand of proper muesli (not the sugary crunchy sort) - its their Chabrior brand, with bits of fruit.

I actually got them this week. I was quite impressed MUCH less sugary than a lot of the other crap cereal you can buy here (one awful one which I have to buy as it is the only way the teenager will eat before school - I’d rather he had that than nothing from 6am - midday).

2 Likes

Weetabix is on offer in the cereal aisle in both Intermarchés in Bergerac, Readybrek however is no longer to be seen and I have to go to the British shop in Eymet for it. Alternatively I sometimes just whizz up a bit if the oats I buy en vrac from the bio shop, it’s not quite the same but it works.

1 Like

Wallpaper paste would do the same job wouldn’t it?? :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

@toryroo
Very mean - my daughters loved readybrek with golden syrup and possibly a pinch of nutmeg as tiny creatures and it is still emergency comfort food :grin:

1 Like

Back in the day, when I used to do some serious mountaineering, I used to make up vacuum packed dried meals. Breakfast was always ReadyBrek, with added sugar, milk powder, nuts etc - just add hot water. It didn’t ever have a great taste, but did the job😁

1 Like

Back in the dim and distant past when I took my cadets on nightex we’d cook up our ratpack porridge with rolos at about 3.30 or 4 in order to keep going.

Have you tried Super U Petales…? Plain, fruit or chocolate.
They are a flake type cereal made of various grains, the plain version has not too much sugar and doesn’t go soggy immediately.

I haven’t, might have a look next shopping day, the plain sounds fine for me but I wouldn’t mind betting that they only have the choccie version. :slightly_smiling_face:

Just realised, Super U, my only supermarket within reasonable distance is Auchan but they may have something similar.

I think it is a very Pommy thing, in Oz we never managed to process our oats into such a unidentifiable paste :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I also don’t quite get it as it seems to me that you can get a portion of proper porridge cooked in the microwave in a similar time (with the health be3nefits of the whole grains and adding toppings as wanted). The comfort food thing I totally get though, if that is on your list, it is on your list!!!

Ahhhhh cadets, some of my most wonderful school memories ( I was RSM of the girls section and then CUO in my final year!). Weirdly I can’t remember what was breakfast in our ration packs! I do know it wasn’t ReadyBrek as it didn’t / doesn’t exist in Oz. My biggest food memories were Baked Beans, mum didn’t like them so we’d never had them at home and I didn’t really like them, however on cadet camp after trekking all day through the Aussie bush a can of beans cooked over the fire in the tin (and eaten the same) was incredible - it was probably many years later than I accepted eating a normally cooked tin of beans (husbands fault!!). The other one was we used to get tubes of condensed milk to suck on as we were bushwalking - heaven when tired and been walking for hours, didn’t even need to stop!

Took awhile and a lot if reading the ingredients on a lot of boxes… Petales are very similar to Special K, but have even less sugar. And are cheaper too.
Started with the plain cornflakes types - any that had more than 12% sugar went straight back to the shelf. That cuts out ALL of the chocolate, frosties etc.
Happy hunting

Yes - their normal breakfast is porridge! But there are times it has to be readybrek :blush:

Our local Carrefour (Marche) has started selling this in the last month- and not in “English” section either. Such a “first food;” our elder daughter managed to increase the dimensions of her wooden high chair by about 2" all round as she aimed the Weetabix at her infant gibbler- I had to use a chisel to get some of it off!

1 Like