Which areas in France do the Dutch like to live

No surprise! In Winter plenty of people from Holland drive to the Alpes for a weekend of skiing!

When we lived in the Minervois there was a Dutch village nearby just outside Pouzol Minervois. Each week a lorry would arrive with all their food and drink so there may be some truth in the gossip.
On the other hand I have a few Dutch friends here in Brittany who shop at the usual outlets as we do.
Personally…each to his own.

2 Likes

Do mean “Soleil d’ Oc” by any chance ?

Yes that’s the one…locals always told me it was a Dutch enclave. We used to eat in the restaurant on the other side of the road before it closed down…this was years ago …2003/2006 era.

It was built in the late 60’s by all accounts, by a dutch guy & his french associate.
I spent a long time working for various clients there…some absolutely delightful ; others worthy of crossing the road to avoid.
Last time I worked there was late 2015…more english at that point; & quite a turnover of dutch.
The was even a french family, at the time.

We lived in Mailhac between 2003 and 2008 and I even got married there in the village. Now in Brittany which I prefer for various reasons not least the more temperate climate.