Which dishwasher rating - help please

We take a different approach to white goods.
As mentioned earlier in this thread the majority of appliances are virtually the same with a different name, probably turned out from the same factory too.
We buy the cheapest, which in France nearly always comes with 2 year warranty, and then use it till it fails. Current dishwasher is 5 years old and cost 199 euros so less than 1 euro per week.

Which dishwasher do you have??

Proline

With Black Friday/week coming up very soon there may well be some dishwasher bargains to be had.

Absolutely last question…

does anyone have a dishwasher… where the Drying is not an integral part of whichever chosen programme…

our current (broken) one doesn’t Dry and I don’t miss that at all… quite happy not to be using electricity when a teatowel will do the job for less…

We bought a NEFF because it came with an extended 5 year warranty, slimline model SD4P1F. Had it for about 5 years now, all fine so far. Although it claims to be drying, I’m not sure it’s actually doing anything at all.

I buy Miele washing machines, but dishwashers don’t generally get worked so hard.

Hi Stella. The Manuel only shows SB… Serie 4. Itis likely there is now a Series 5 or 6 as ours is almost 2 years old. Corona is right about feeling the quality. When get to look at some open and close the doors you will feel the different weights and quality of the locking mechanism. Also look at the quality of the wire baskets and plastics used. I am sure whatever you choose will be right as you are that sort of person.

I’ve been trying to remember who has recently produced a report into running costs of dishwashers , it might have been Which, but not sure! The upshot was, the ones initially more expensive to buy will last much longer and the running cost per year are far lower than cheaper ones, our Miele one has a A++ rating which was an important factor when buying it.

Thanks to everyone for your help. I will take on board all the comments and promise not to buy anything I have not been able to thump/whack and generally test the quality… as well as reading all information books from cover to cover…

Heaven help the salesmen… they won’t know what’s hit 'em… when I start listing my questions… :rofl: :rofl:

cheers

5 Likes

We just turn it off when the drying starts.

Fair enough… I can manage to do that… it’ll only be on a short cycle so I can hang about…

A lot of Bosch recommendations here but all Bosch are not of the same quality. We always had Bosch until we bought a cheaper Bosch which barely lasted 4 years. My conversation with their HQ made it clear that I got what I paid for and if I wanted traditional Bosch reliability, I should ignore the cheap models. Much like the Stihl dealer who told me to avoid their cheap products as they are made in China and they have more problems with the budget models than all the others put together. So don’t just buy on name, you get what you pay for!

1 Like

The quick washes are not usually the most economical on energy and water. My low energy wash takes 3h15.

One thing we’ve found is that the ‘eco’ washes don’t really get hot enough, leaving the dishwasher to get stinky & gummed up - even though we rinse everything off before loading. We prefer to use a shorter, hotter wash.

1 Like

My quick wash cycle doesn’t dry, I think it is a 1/2 hour one. I rarely use it as it doesn’t wash as well, particularly now that I try not to rinse too much as that is so bad environment wise. My nan is (well was as now in a home!) so funny, she would literally rinse with a washing up brush as well so the plates going in were spotless!!!

2 Likes

our existing one washes very well on the short cycle… and it doesn’t have a Dry option… none whatsoever… which suits us… except that it’s not working at all now … aargh

I’m talking about a machine from 40 years ago and obviously can’t hope to find the equivalent nowadays…

1 Like

Mainly because they are all manufactured in the same italian factory just get different labels stuck on the front.
I bought a miele DW 22 years ago and still performing the same as the day it was bought. Along with the washing machine, cooker and oven all bought at the same time performing brilliantly. Worth the dosh.

1 Like

We never use this only the standard 60 deg wash cycle and takes 40 mins. inlc drying.

Why do we heat the hot tank to 60c because it kills bacteria etc.

2 Likes

Legionella.