Which dishwasher rating - help please

To name just one.

No problems with the ECO program on our Miele :wink: I realised it’s ten years old. MInd our Neff double oven has been brilliant, and certainly over 15 years, maybe 20 - bought it on EBay for £50. The good lady selling wanted a new kitchen with same again but in stainless steel. Her husband seemed a little unhappy, especially as he had paid £50 to have it professionally cleaned.

1 Like

I did a quick search for your eco program issue and didn’t see anything. I use powder in my Miele. I wonder if it’s better or perhaps there is an issue with your machine. If it;s still in warranty it might be worth enquiring. I think the eco mode saves quite a lot of energy.

Thanks Michael, I’m not sure it’s a problem so much as a feature of using eco wash cycles. The eco aspect is that they don’t get hot, but instead soak and recircluate the water more. Other machines I know of also behave similarly with the eco cycle, altough the miele may be the odd one out in this respect.

Our eco cycle says it is 55 degrees, hot enough to do lasting damage to passing bacteria. Over 3 hours, but letting things “dry” seems to take up the last hour as it doesn’t appear to do anything and we just take stuff out as we need it once it’s finished whirring. Doesn’t seem to get gunky, except for one corner at the base of the door which is easily cleaned. And once we had to unblock jets on the paddle.

1 Like

From memory ours is designed to hit 45 degrees, which isn’t enough to be antimicrobial to a useful degree, although it is enough to clean.