Why does the Royal family need so much money?

Hi Paul… are you aware just just how much money the country/government receives from the Sovereign?? It is an enormous amount and a small percentage of that money is paid back to the Sovereign… and then the Sovereign pays tax on what she receives…

I call that generous of the Sovereign… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

No Stella, but I would be interested in seeing these figures.

You could be surprised with what a man on benefit might do with a
grouse moor in Scotland…given the chance and some encouragement.
We are not all born with silver spoons in our cutlery draw.

And whilst we are about it lets put a stop to fox hunting…disgusting.

1 Like

You’re obviously the Robin Hood of SF. Why stop at the aristocrats, why not take all the wealth from self-made people such as Branson and Dyson and just hand it out on street corners, poverty ended in the UK at a stroke.

There is no such thing as a “self-made man” Timothy, but everyone has partaken of the public weal; the schools, the roads, the infrastructure of society. We all owe and we all should pay. Some more than others.

1 Like

Hunting any wild animal with hounds has been banned in England and Wales for a while Barbara, the act was passed in 2004 and came into effect in early 2005. It was earlier still in Scotland.

So what do you call the likes of Dyson who started with nothing except for an idea?

Determined. Clever. Imaginative. Rich.

May wanted to bring fox hunting back to UK fairly recently.

Paul and Tim…yes with a glimmer of hope, a cup o soup and
a chance in life so many people can achieve…min contentment
and a decent standard of living.

1 Like

I have always enjoyed Robin Hoods adventures apart from his activity
with his merry men, bows and arrows and swords.

1 Like

Riding through the glen!

@Paul_Turpin

If you read my answer on this same thread… I put it on about 10 November… you will find some info…

Thanks Stella, I’ll have a look.

But not self made?

No. Not self-made.

Unfortunately there are some people who are prepared to claim benefits without actually doing anything to change their situation. During a spell of unemployment (due to a change of circumstances) I once worked as a postal worker, up at 4 am, for a 5 am start 6 days a week . Unbagging, sorting and then delivering mail on foot whatever the weather, 2 deliveries daily except for Saturdays. One of my rounds included a notorious estate where Giro day was a nightmare, the only day where anyone bothered to get up before 9 am to collect their giro’s for their ciggies and booze!

1 Like

The idle rich and the undeserving poor have more in common than they would like to admit!

Who would you class as the ‘idle rich’?

Monarchy, the great landowners, inheritors of vast fortunes, international jet set, euro-trash.
The usual suspects!

1 Like