Why does the Royal family need so much money?

Honestly I think that what they do with their money is up to them, they have treasures in england which the Queen wishes to keep.
It is known that Elizabeth 11 is extremely frugal , and she watches over her flock to be sure that the royal family do not spend too much .
If we look at other countries ex: Saudia Arabia all the royalty are really very very rich.A lot richer than the english Royal family.
How things will go when the Queen dies will be another matter we will see what happens.

Might be cheaper to replace them with actors for the supermarket openings.

1 Like

Iā€™ve said it beforeā€¦ and Iā€™ll say it againā€¦

Perhaps the next Sovereign will NOT be content to hand over control of Crown Estates (the Sovereignā€™s Public Estate) to the Government. The Sovereign would have every right to do soā€¦ and (personally) I wouldnā€™t blame Him/Her ā€¦bearing in mind how much rot and rubbish is written/said about themā€¦

It would be interesting to consider/find out how the Government would cope without that enormous incomeā€¦

1 Like

The interesting thing about the royals, and I suppose up to a point the aristocracy in general is how dim they areā€¦centuries of being pampered and having every wish catered too and theyā€™ve never spawned an intellectual, an artist, a musicianā€¦ or anyone with any skill whatsoever.
If they have been any good at anything at all it is their low cunning and ruthlessness in killing off relatives.
I suppose this lack of imagination is due to inbreeding, if not then they have no excuse.

1 Like

Stella there are other waysā€¦Imagination would find a way.
The whole system needs to be reorganised.
People starving in the streets is just not something the
monarchy should allow. How it is all taken care of is not my
job.
We all think differentlyā€¦that is for sure.
But we all have an opportunity here on this forum to
express our views.
It is often good to talk to you.
And I wish you all a great year ahead with good health
and good experiences.

1 Like

The Crown Estate (the royal properties given to the state in exchange for the civil list) puts 10 times the amount into the Treasury than the Civil List costs. So maybe we give the Royals their property and they give us back the Civil List payment ?

There is no civil list anymore.

well put. I am not a royalist but they deserve respect as people still. its their money and belonging to do with as they please and quite frankly its none of our business

1 Like

I am not so interested in what the Royals spend their money on
but just feel that as they are elevated in such high esteem by so many people
that they can not find a way to being more generous to the poor than they are.
Perhaps I am missing somethingā€¦not sureā€¦but if I was in charge of the country I
would find it hard not to give much more to the ā€œunfortunateā€ since the ruling government
is unable to take care of this miserable oversight.
George Michael was known for his amazing voice and the songs he wrote and he made
some mistakes during his exploration of life, messed with his own happiness and brought
him towards depression. He was gayā€¦well so what.
Christmas timeā€¦moments to reflect between meals and jollyment.
He secretly, privately gave to many who were in need and had he lived on I am sure that
this would have continued.
This is the essence of Royalty to meā€¦undefined, uncrowned just gently giving graciously.

And how do you know the Royals donā€™t do that?

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure thereā€™s much more the current crop of royals can do. Their role is defined from birth and as long as they donā€™t embarrass themselves and the country why change the system?

1 Like

No Sue I do not know thatā€¦these are all questions.
But if the rich people of the world helped more ā€¦perhaps there
would be a lot less misery.
A lot lessā€¦
nothing will ever be perfect.

Itā€™s not just the monarchy who have too much,
itā€™s all of the parasitic aristocratic class, who between them own a third of all Britainā€™s land.

There is so much poverty and they wallow in so much wealth.

Down with this sort of thing!

1 Like

What do you suggest, simply take it off them? Most land in the UK is either woodland, farm land or of no real use because of itā€™s location. Just what would someone on benefits in Brixton do with a grouse moor in Scotland?

To reclaim the land weā€™d need to use the democratic process. Through heavy taxation I suppose.
Not going to happen under the present govt.

1 Like

And withdrawing the huge agricultural subsidies given to the Dukes and Earls who own the vast estates.

1 Like

You make it all sound so simple Paul, canā€™t believe no one hasnā€™t thought of this before.

Not complicated, only that the whole of the establishment unites in suppressing any inkling of fair distribution!

1 Like

ā€œWas the earth made to preserve a few covetous, proud men to live at ease, and for them to bag and barn up the treasures of the Earth from others, that these may beg or starve in a fruitful land; or was it made to preserve all her children?ā€

Gerrard Winstanley The New Law of Righteousness, 1649