Wild life in the garden, or around!

It’s actually a Labyrinth spider (I think) and 2 months later it’s still in the same place!

Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site.

We can’t connect to the server at www.facebook.com.

If that address is correct, here are three other things you can try:

Try again later.

Sorry can’t see stuff off Facebook servers, we hvae them blocked!

1 Like
1 Like

If you were to play that video backwards it would demonstrate both, a superbly efficient fishing technique and a damned powerful vacuum cleaner!

And just increase you are interested (and why wouldn’t you be!)

1 Like

Slow worm, beautiful :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

On the door, obviously liking my lunch!

4 Likes

My sister has just seen ivy bees in London for the first time, and is very excited! I never knew there was a special bee so will go out to look tomorrow, but for those with ivy in flower in garden…

1 Like

The only time I have seen a slow worm was in Niton Undercliffe on the Isle of Wight but that was 56 years ago - how time flies!

A bad cat who played with a poor grass snake (who escaped and went and hid with only his or her dignity the worse for wear)

3 Likes

I had a snake near the house today, wasn’t sure what it was but loos very like yours Vero!

Toilet snake perhaps Tory :yum::wink::grin:

You don’t need to be quite as concerned of a snake here as you would have been in Oz.

1 Like

Useful to know the French for slow worm. We have several in the compost heap. Beautiful things…

1 Like

Quite! I had 3 VERY close encounters with deadly snakes on the farm as a kid. If it had gone badly we were nearly an hour from the hospital and a brown can kill you within 1/2 hour!!!

2 Likes

I think that vipère aspics aren’t incredibly good news - didn’t they do for Cleopatra? - but I imagine you have a lot more time to get to hospital than @toryroo would have done! Periodically I think about visiting Australia and then I read something like this…

No-one need worry about whatever snake they find…

simply look it in the eye and checkout the pupil… :rofl: :rofl:

I can’t remember which way round the problem is… :thinking:

Thinking about wildlife in the garden, I set up a wildlife camera and all I got was cats invading the compost heap. However, this morning, looking out of the window I could see roe deer very close to the house nibbling our dwarf apple tree. This was a lovely sight as I’ve not seen them so close before but eventually I opened the window to shoo them off. They looked me in the eye for a moment and then bounded away. Beautiful animals but I need to rethink my policy on trees with dwarfing rootstocks… :smiley:

1 Like