Wild life in the garden, or around!

Taken with my tablet so not necessarily the best photo…

10 Likes

Wow… you’ve done well… that’s the Scarce Swallowtail (Iphiclides podalirius)

To me, they look like shuttlecocks when they are fluttering about. I have never been able to photograph one… :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Looking forward for our lavender to flower ! Give us such a good show in the summer !

1 Like

and then you’ll be taking more lovely photos… :hugs:

2 Likes

They love the lavender, lots of them come and for it and then hang around all over the garden; that is a picture from last year.

2 Likes

Our lavender is almost over… and the weather has been so atrocious that we’ve had hardly anything, one or two bees… the odd butterfly… nothing special… :zipper_mouth_face:

Not our garden but “down south” in the Dordogne 2013 - Hummingbird Hawk Moth

7 Likes

Guess what this is …:thinking: (apart from a scratch on the lense)

1 Like

We’ve got plenty of them here in the summer, not easy to get a pic of ! Very quick ! Here is our lavender at the moment. On the first pic, this is our eldest bush. But as you can see, it’s looking poorly at the bottom. Does anybody got an idea about what to do to help it, or do we have to get to the conclusion it did his time (about 7 year old) and need to plant new ones in a near futur ?

1 Like

Une luciole ?

1 Like

Hand, bit of card, outside table, something slightly bright and fuzzy - firefly?

Un ver luisant ?

2 Likes

Silver Washed Fritillary (Argynnis paphia) by the patio - again in the Dordogne 2013

9 Likes

It’s a Glow Worm… we have them every year… :hugs:

3 Likes

Paul, how did you see that… ??? Magic ??

Turned the office light off, right click and “view image” in Firefox which puts the pic against a dark grey background, let your eyes adjust for a second et voilà.

1 Like

4 Likes

Your camera is better than mine David… :hugs:

It was taken on my phone. That phone has an awful camera, I was lucky.

I’ve just spotted a few of these…in my front garden and not in the meadow/wilderness outback…their colour is more of a translucent bronze/gold than this photo depicts…extremely reflective…have not been able to identify them online so far…

4 Likes