Wild life in the garden, or around!

Fantastic, and that’s not from ‘google’, well ‘shot’ B’, 15 mins ago :+1:

I love Babeth’s pictures they are wonderful!

2 Likes

Never has gone out, since Her last birthday, without Her wee camera in Her bag V’ :grin:

1 Like

Thank you Véro !

Well done, great photos. I spent about a quarter of an hour standing next to my budlea the other day trying to get a decent shot of a humming bird hawk moth and butterflies with limited success. I did better near the lavender where the wind wasn’t blowing so hard.

4 Likes

Those are really good! I took mine with my tablet hoping for the best and enlarged the relevant bit, so the quality isn’t fantastic.

The lavender is taller than I am (not difficult)

Absolutely full of bumble bees and moros and butterflies this morning, less rowdy than the buddleia though.

2 Likes

Fantastique!

We bought some clay swallows nests in the UK which are a bit deeper than the actual swallows nests but we put them up this year in the car port (not the garage with a door where they nested last year) just before the swallows returned and they used it straight away. There are now two nests (one self made) with 4 birds in each - and little shelves beneath each to stop a bit of the mess!

5 Likes

Mine are taken with a manually focussed 200mm lens. The depth of focus is very narrow and with the flitting insects and strong winds it was necessary to wait until they appeared in focus then shoot. I might try the sport setting on my camera next time as that allows a stream of photos at about the right time.

1 Like

Thank you Chris !

1 Like

Realy good Melissa, we only had one nest around this year. It is so nice to see the parents and 5 babies flying in the sky now. Hope the 7 will be back next year !

1 Like

Lezard VS hornet !

4 Likes

Brilliant, never thought to see that, and my treasure got the pic of the Month :heart::heart::heart:

Guess who won ?

1 Like

The bloody 'ornet :unamused:

Another visitor I have never seen before either here or in uk… Still awaiting the honey bees…the few I have seen seem tiny…

1 Like

I’ve never seen one like that Helen. Will be interested if somebody know what it is. We have plenty of honey bees today on the lavender, very busy ! Here is one of them :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Found it. Beetle species, Trichius fasciatus !

2 Likes