Wild life in the garden, or around!

Re nets, we were so sad to see a Mrs Blackbird dead in a net on a cherry tree, to keep birds off the fruit, so our place is, A ‘Net Free Zone’ :slightly_smiling_face:

OK Vero, can you please swap places for a week or two ? :innocent:

Babeth can hear them ‘squeaking’ I can at times, my ‘lugs’ are too old :wink:

Please go to bed tonight with a pen and paper at your bedside. That way you can note all the details of your bat curtain dreams down …:joy::bat::bat:

1 Like

Hmmmm…how about…4 lengths of wood…one rising vertically from each bed leg…4 more struts horizontal to form the frame…makeshift 4 poster with bat proof canvas drape…???

1 Like

Couldn’t bear to be shut inside a net Helen, also imagine all those bats clinging on to the outside of the net :wink:

1 Like

Lol…I’ve got not quite the same problem with swallows in my back passsge…x :slight_smile:

In where???

I would worry about them being like Mrs Blackbird Ann :cry:

Trust you Bill ! :innocent::rofl:

1 Like

:+1: :grin: Sorry :expressionless:

Between my bedroom and bathroom…the back passage that leads to my back garden…I think they are this years babies…one disappeared for 3 weeks but now he’s back…they come in at dusk…and start twittering for me to open the back door for them about 4.45 am…x :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ahhhh :+1: :blush:

Today… x :slight_smile:

4 Likes

4 Likes

From the Belle Isle ferry today, Keen eyed, 'ungry Birdy!

The two swallows that became one swallow in my back passage way then became two again after 3 weeks…then two nights ago they became three and last night I had four roosting overnight…! As long as I’m up at the crack of dawn to open the back door for them then they are not really making any mess…Today I’ve watched about 15 of them swooping and diving out back…These aren’t great photos but you can just about make out a couple of them…I think all four that are coming in to roost overnight are youngsters…no nest building just a safe place to sleep… x :slight_smile:

3 Likes

And several days ago I also spotted this new nest…I don’t think it’s a swallow nest as it’s too low and seems more loosely constructed…I haven’t seen the birds that are building it yet…x :slight_smile:

4 Likes

6 Likes

3 Likes