Wine or Beer?

Despite living in a noted wine producing country I have gone off the stuff and hardly touch a drop, I much prefer beer.

Anyone else bored with wine?

Bored with wine snobs

1 Like

I’m afraid I definitely prefer the wine. I do occasionally have beer but to be fair I was going off the stuff before we moved out here in 2015.

Yes please :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

2 Likes

Either but generally not mixed :slight_smile:

There is so much choice here in France… that I don’t think we could become bored with wine. We keep discovering new delights… :relaxed::relaxed:

1 Like

I seem to remember that Cat has asked you why you are in France.
I can only repeat the question.

1 Like

Are wine snobs still around… the last one I knew, dropped dead with a glass of champagne in his hand… he always was a bit of a showman…:roll_eyes::relaxed:

She did Jane and I replied ‘why shouldn’t I be’, Cat didn’t respond to that so perhaps you would.

2 Likes

Wine in France and warm beer when I go back to see my mates in England and please no rude comments about warm beer :wine_glass::beer:

seconded :wink:

yep… mixing grape and grain is not necessarily a recipe for success… :roll_eyes:

Beer or cider :beers:

And I sat there, gettin’ high, stoned
Knocked out, and by that time
I looked on the wall, at the old clock again
And by that time, it was a quarter to two
Last call for alcohol
I said, “Hey mister bartender, what do you want?”

One bourbon, one scotch, and one beer
One bourbon, one scotch, and one beer
One bourbon, one scotch, and one beer…

John Lee Hooker

2 Likes

OH was a rep for Carlsberg when we were first married… the garage was full of samples and the car had to sit outside… :wink::hugs:

We’ve not drunk any Carlsberg for years now though… wine… the odd pression…

There is no reason why you shouldn’t be, but some of your apparent attitudes to living in France make it hard to understand why you are here.

@jane, many of the conversations here end up being UK v France and I just don’t see the ‘utopia’ that others clearly do. We didn’t come to France to escape as we had a very comfortable life in the UK, it was simply a chance to try a different life good or bad. What has happened is that France has changed and it’s not the same country it was when we first arrived, it seems totally directionless and in many ways is moving backwards.

3 Likes

OH! Very much like the UK then! :roll_eyes::joy:

1 Like

Many countries now seem divided with aurguments between the extreme left and extreme right.
France is no different and I certainly don’t see it as Utopia.
However, you would have to drag me screaming and kicking back to UK.

Why have you so much hatred for the UK Jane, have never read so much hatred before from a UK citizen about the country and its people.

2 Likes