Wine or Beer?

I know, but keep brexshit to brexshit chats, and the other stuff to what it says on the tin. BTW, I like cider too, quite a lot… hic

1 Like

You definitely do Brian! The choice in France is pretty naff - I get mine online or in Andorra.

Cheap today at Noz near Lilbourne -

Lucky bastards !
Closest we got in Noz was “Dog of two Heads” …Status Quo’s charitable offering to our canine friends

Got some Old Golden Hen from our Noz today, never had it before so another new beer for me.:smile:

I like wine, but after a hard day’s work outside a beer goes down very well too !

Tonight will be wine as I am dining at a friend’s house.

Oh and just to change the subject entirely, I now at long last have Internet and a telephone that works . Will be able to catch up and respond to posts on here … I’m back !!

3 Likes

Yippee

1 Like

why don’t you brew your own? Its pretty simple. I sometimes home brew from a kit at home for summer or Christmas. Not very often but the results can be excellent. Nice warm beer hmmmm… Amazon sell the same so delivery into France should be easy.

My brother used to brew his own beer and make his own wines (tea-wine etc)… he often had explosions/happenings of one sort or another… and his house (at that time) seemed to smell like the proverbial brewery… hic

When he moved house (and had more income) he lost the enthusiasm for DIY alcohol and decided it was more fun up the Pub…

2 Likes

My dad used to make his own beer, from scratch His Christmas brew led to a neighbour uttering the immortal line “I’m bunk you dugger “

2 Likes

We arrived at brother’s house am …for a party that evening. I had one small glass of tea-wine (albeit on an empty stomach)… and woke up some hours later to find the house and garden full of guests and the party in full-swing… took me a while to live that down… :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

I remember my Dad buying a Boots beer making kit. Not great…think he used it as paint stripper!!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’ve only ever bought the woodfordes kits, they also brew commercially and sell to pubs. Key is keeping your equipment clean.

Boots kits were a good grounding for wannabe alcoholics