Would you return to the UK?

And who is ‘Knitters’?
#lost

1 Like

:rofl:

I speak little English these days … so sorry for my grammatical error… and yes , you are very similar in character to the health “care” professionals I’ve met… Patronizing and rude.

Dear Me, best to ignore her V’ L’ :wink:

2 Likes

How unfortunate that you’ve had such poor experiences. I’ve met many many health professionals in France and, with only one exception, they have all been helpful, pleasant, sympathetic and caring. The one exception was not French.

However, it seems strange that ALL the health professionals should behave this way towards you. Have you ever wondered if they are reflecting your attitude towards them?

5 Likes

I had a hip ‘job’ recently and after care at home, everyone was absolutely, ‘Fabulous’, wonderful care :heart:

3 Likes

‘Knitters’ was that very unhappy lady who had all sorts of horrid health problems and was alone apart from lots of animals, she lived in some fairly isolated place in the back of beyond and had mainly horrible French people all around her giving her the side-eye when she went out.

3 Likes

oh hey Mary Elizabeth Paddock please try and go easy on other members who have been on Survive France for a good many years. Vero is a very interesting and intelligent lady. Try to get to know her Mary.

7 Likes

Oh Carol, thank you :blush:

5 Likes

:hugs::hugs:

2 Likes

Unlike many we didn’t come here to escape the UK, we just wanted to try a different way of life so moving back wouldn’t be a problem. France will never be our ‘forever’ home for various reasons (most not of our choosing) but works for us at the moment. One last thing, I don’t get the constant ‘slagging off’ off of the UK not just on SF (and other expat forums) but from Brits we know and meet, every country has ‘issues’ and France is far from perfect, I can only assume that those who now hate the UK have ditched their soon to be blue passport and have taken French nationality.

2 Likes

I have not visited this site for ages and one brief perusal of this topic confirms my belief that it is essentially the same as any other with juxtaposed views aired and re-aired.
One thing that is consistent is that the statements from the pro British clan make it crystal clear to me that they are the type that I would normally avoid like the plague and as the UK is full of them I will happily live anywhere else. At the moment it is here in France where I am perfectly happy, find the French to be polite and endearing and the service in hospitals, shops and offices to be generally more than satisfactory.
There are essentially two types of people…smiley, happy, positive ones who will garner favourable reactions and miserable, snidey, negative ones who will reap their just rewards. A favourite saying of mine…“in your early years you have the face you are born with, in your middle years you strive for the face you would like to have, in your later years you have the face you deserve”…
Physiogomy always reveals a lot. Happy days to all the winners on here.

5 Likes

It’s a little unfair to base your opinion of the site on one post. It looks like you’re cherry picking data to support your view.

2 Likes

What’s it like up there @letstryagain ? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

It is not about the colour of a passport or this “slagging off” stuff!

It is for me having a more enjoyable life.
And yes I am ashamed and saddened by what UK has become.
If you can not see it …then your eyes are not open.

1 Like

I was not making a judgement on the site, merely an observation. I was making a comment on what i had just read and will surely receive some rather brusque replies but surely have as much right ad thd next person to state as I find?

Regards, Damian

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Nothing wrong or strange about that. We are all different and have our own reasons for making decisions. In my time abroad I have met many people who have made the move expecting it to be a one way trip and just as many who see it as a fixed term move expecting to return to the UK or possibly move to a different location according to their plan.

You are entitled to your opinion as much as anyone else. I’m just pointing out that your opinion and confirmation of it is based upon a very narrow view.

2 Likes

Let’s say for example you took this post as your data set;

Would you then say “I have not visited this site for ages and one brief perusal of this topic confirms that this is the most hilarious forum I’ve ever visited”?

And I would love to want to be there in uk!
Plans and choices …do we still have them in our command?