WTF!? Just had this email from Mint Energie

@toryroo have you got a Linky??? it says Mint is aimed at Linky folk and will go up and down (huh) according to the market price…
and the good news is “it’s Green and French”… which is wonderful, indeed, provided one can afford to switch anything on !!

1 Like

Energy prices have been rocketing - hear about it all the time in the media, but not to that extent! Electricity went up 12% this month alone.

Lots of comparison sites, so get those fingers tapping.

2 Likes

Is Selectra a good comparateur ? Do they compare all tariffs or only the ones that pay them to?

As FR produces its electricity by nuclear to such a great extent - 70% - and " France is the world’s largest net exporter of electricity due to its very low cost of generation, and gains over €3 billion per year from this."

the increases must be because the industry is taking a ride on the oil price increases. I s’pose that’s business. :roll_eyes:

To think that a UK Cabinet Minister said, on the inauguration by H.M.Q of Windscale/Calder Hall that “electricity will soon be too cheap to meter.”

As for Mint, I was all ready to sign up when I read a comment on SF which put me off. Glad I went for Tarif Bleu/EDF now.

EDF sent me a forecast for the monthly d/d at 80€/p.m. I thought that sounded a bit high, for just me on my ownio. But it was followed chop-chop by one for 53€ p.m. 'Aaas betterer!

1 Like

why not check out the link and see the information it gives…

You might want to revisit a previous mention of Mint’s change in tariff here:

I moved away from Mint 10 days ago and took advantage of a Selectra Group offer where electricity is supplied by Wekiwi. Well worth contacting Selectra.

3 Likes

Well, I thought the link was worth posting… so I did…

but it’s especially useful to get some feedback from satisfied folk…

That’s almost EDF Tempo jour rouge pricing. Isn’t Macron freezing utility costs for 2022?

I think I’m just going to go with EDF to be honest! Seems to be so little savings, the one I did like the look of isnt’ taking new customers (a lot aren’t by the look of it) so I think EDF might just be the safest option.

2 Likes

EDF was our fall back position.
However I still think that its worth subscribing to Selectra’s emails.
That’s how I managed to get including in their group purchasing offer.

1 Like

I’ve just spotted where I can sign up to be notified of the next group deal. How much are you paying? Sorry if you have already said and I missed it! Although with the 1st November only days away I feel like I need to move provider today!

I did look at them, and they were slightly cheaper than Mint when we moved to them HOWEVER I just refused to give my money to a big patroleum company and went with Mint due to the green energie and the tree planting they do when you join up and at other times as well. I think I now have 4 or 5 trees planted by them in Haiti (I think!).

Another thought, the fact they have gone so absurdly high and not even in the ball park of some of the other companies, do you think they actually are trying to shut down and this is the way to get rid of all their clients???

I hear you. I must admit that I did wobble when Direct became Total.

1 Like

The problem is, if you change, they could raise their prices as well soon after and you’re back to square one. Maybe wait until the market has settled, then compare?

1 Like

I can’t afford to stay with Mint! However I see what you are saying and that was part of my thought process with going back to EDF!

I moved to Mint in June having been with EDF since 2004. EDF used to just bill me actuals but Mint wanted this smoothed annual approach which I suspect has more to do with their cash flow than consumer convenience. Anyway, I got fed up with Mint’s doom and gloom Armageddon emails so I moved back to EDF this afternoon. Now I am on one of their smoothed plans :roll_eyes:

I’ve also notched down my kW from 18 to 15. When I first bought the house the owners had the kW very low and it kept tripping. Which involved a drive to our meter to reset. I just got EDF to jack it up to the max the meter would do, which was 18. I’ve probably spent seventeen years with over capacity :roll_eyes:

…and…

I’m mystified; if you are not using your HC period for heating or hot water then unless you are regularly charging electric vehicles overnight I fail to see how paying the higher HC/HP abonnement & higher price per kW during HP would be worth it.

Way back when we did a simulator that showed that HC was no good for us as a) we have heat pumps and b) we have a gite who need copious hot water when they want it, not when we want to provide it cheaply.

However now we have Little Evie (our electric car) this changes things. Has anyone found a good simulator that includes these sorts of things?

Yes, wise words. I’m waiting for Total to announce their price increases before I compare again.