Yes or No - Carte de Sejour website in English

At present no one knows what the cost will be nor the date when the residency requirements will actually kick-in, it could be you have to apply by the 31st of July 2021 or it could be later.

1 Like

A French passport costs 86€ for an adult,
42€ for 15 to 18 year-olds
and 17€ for a child under 15.
It costs the same to renew one.
Our cartes d’identité are free.

2 Likes

Just double checked my march 2019 application and compared notes with a friend whose interview for a CdS is tomorrow.

My wife and I applied for a "Titre de séjour d’un retraité (ou inactif) citoyen UE/EEE/Suisse" not a CdS.
However upon reading this: https://www.demarches.interieur.gouv.fr/particuliers/titre-sejour-retraite-inactif-citoyen-ue-eee-suisse
I believe that it is effectively the same thing ie a residence permit.
Unless someone can advise otherwise…

People do get very het up about whether it’s a carte or a titre, I have no idea why.
I guess you could say it’s the same difference between a residency card and a residency permit, i.e. no difference at all.

Thanks - you’re absolutely right.

I’ve just checked on google images and the cards have both titles.

Spoken with confidence but the cost has been published. If it’s a no deal Brexit the cost will be €119 as marked on the copy of the email above, if there is a deal, which looks to be likely, the cost will be the same as for Vero’s identity card, zero.
Those fees are for British citizens already resident in France before Brexit, those making the move after that date will be treated quite differently.

1 Like

I believe that the card that you will eventually receive when you exchange your current CdS/TdS after Brexit will have the title Titre de Resident.

Can you publish a link from the government that clearly states that there will be no cost if the UK leaves with a deal Dan.

Thanks

You took the words, or amounts, out of my mouth, Véro. Carte d’Identité does have a charge if you lose or get it stolen, in which case renewal is 25€ (but as Véro said, it’s free if handing in the old one for renewal or for a first card). And for all those wondering where to get their timbres fiscaux… I sell them in my tabac :wink:

2 Likes

We went to the Prefecture end-December to renew our original “Brexit expired” CdS. After going through the forms, fingerprintin etc the helpful official told us that they would send us a SMS message in 2-3 weeks to collect new permanent (5 year) cards.

We did take ALL the paperwork both as requested on the web and as we thought might possibly be needed. But we were in and out inside 20minutes.

Hi Teresa

I would have thought you would be applying as the spouse of an EU national so your position really has nothing to do with Brexit or its deadlines. I believe you can apply for your CDS as soon as you want and avoid all the crap, but I’m always interested in alternative opinions.

There’s a good thread on this on the RIFT Facebook page and my partner and I will be in the same position shortly…

Hi Nigel, i applied 19 jan 2019, got my rdv beginning of December.
And now the card is waiting to be picked up.
Not sure if they are still taking applications or not.

Really? How would being married to an irish citizen make any difference? would be good if it did - thanks.
although maybe not - it’s always been my position to ‘do nothing until i am forced to’ which my OH thinks is a bit slack !

Check point 10 here https://www.remaininfrance.fr/post-brexit-the-no-deal-online-syst

There’s lots of useful info on the RIFT site btw…

thanks Guy, thanks all…

i think this is the best advice I’ve seen, and what I’m keeping on my files… !

1. When must I apply ? (for a CdS)

If there is a no-deal exit you’ll have up to 6 months to apply post-Brexit.

If there is a deal we’ll be advised later

1 Like

The fee for “no deal “ is €119. If there is a deal (which seems most likely) , there will be no fee. Further Information in the current state of affairs is available on Brexit.gouv.fr - in French (& English ) . Much else and the detail will no doubt depend on how the U.K. government behaves towards EU citizens in the U.K. So far it’s not looking too good and with MEPs about to pack up , our corner is, mainly it seems, being defended by everyone other than our own government .

2 Likes

Thank you for confirming exactly what I have already posted on this thread. I corrected my mistake changing the no deal fee to €119.

It’s all explained on RIFT.

1 Like

And the likelihood of things not changing between now and 31/1/20 or 31/12/20 is what?

RIFT is good, but not official advice. Personally I prefer to wait until things are definite.

It is if you are an EU national or spouse of one. Like Teresa.