Your favourite French product?

Whether it be Champagne or Camembert - we all probably have products which we associate with France.

Appreciate its a little lightweight as a topic but do you have a favourite product, did it influence where you chose to live, do you secretly harbour desires to produce yourselves?

I have bought Calvados from a stall at the Bury St Edmunds Christmas market - the stall holders have a small holding in Calvados and distil their own. I think this traceability is great and it often makes the product taste better.

I’ve just bought a new bottle from Majestic as I can’t wait another 4 months slight_smile:

IMG_0613

3 Likes

Bleu d’ Auvergne if only one choice

1 Like

Good choice Nellie. Much gentler than Roquefort.

1 Like

My Wife Dave :heart:

5 Likes

Ah Bill you old softie. How lovely :couple_with_heart_woman_man:

2 Likes

French butter.

2 Likes

…is the right answer😉

3 Likes

Lot of other stuff I like too btw :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

:smile: is there a particularly good region and any special vintages? :smile:

2 Likes

Mine is Parisien and quite a recent one Dave :+1:

1 Like

Moules de Penestin FRITES :+1: :yum:

1 Like

Beat me to it Bill. I was going to say my French ‘partner’, he is a mix of several regions and the best of all of them :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

:+1: :grinning:

I suddenly feel sick, not sure whether it’s what I’ve just read or the homemade scotch eggs I had for tea.:grinning:

1 Like

my money is on the scotch eggs :wink:

Or maybe you’re just normally, a ‘bit sickly’ Tim?

Parisienne “sort of”, I don’t claim the AOC !

1 Like

Gold Medal!!!

I never was good at the card game “pairs” but now its clear. You and Bill, noted :+1:

2 Likes

Well Timothy I feel very sorry for you that a ‘true statement’ seem to make you so ill. What a sad life for you, never mind I am sure you can patch it up with something tasty from your local supermarket !

1 Like