Your favourite French product?

We had a chicken tajine, with lemon and yellow courgette !

1 Like

Anyone know why fish on top of spinach is called a florentine? I love that :yum:

Stuffed as a poisoned PUP, :open_mouth:

1 Like

Oh yummy. Send me the leftovers please!!!

2 Likes

Italian ?

1 Like

Sorry Mandy, just enough for a light lunch :yum:

Well Babeth I think that if the Spinach isn’t rinsed well then your’ wormed up’ would probably be true :bug::bug::joy:
I think that your written English is excellent, any little errors give your own charm to it all.

4 Likes

If I leave now Bill, I might just make it to yours for lunch tomorrow :laughing::wink:

1 Like

My late mum was the product of a northern mill town and grew up in the 30s and 40s. She would and did eat anything. Tripe ,trotters, cow heel, elder, sweetbreads, lambs fries ( what everyone thinks sweetbreads are ) etc. I remember once standing with her at the offal stall in our local market hall. 'What’s that Mum? Asks I ‘What does it look like ?’ was the maternal response 'A willie ’ ’ Well there you are then ’

6 Likes

Sorry Mandy, I think that I might be a few hours nearer to Bill and Babeth so it’s first come first served !

2 Likes

I would do you a fresh new one Mandy ! I love cooking with a tajine !

1 Like

You’re welcome too Ann, just give me time to buy a new big chicken !

2 Likes

You are lovely Babeth. I wish I were closer to you all. :hugs:

1 Like

I lived for 10 years in Lancashire and can honestly say that a ‘Bury Black Pudding’ still stands out as one of my favourite dishes.
Wonderful markets full of, to me, a southerner, exotic products.
Could never get my head around tripe though !

2 Likes

Thats what I tell Her, ‘charming’, B’s English is better than my ‘Whitehaven’ version!

I love black pudding with Pork - sometimes I cook a pork joint on a rotisserie with the black pudding underneath. Might be why I enjoy pins and needles in my fingers :wink:

4 Likes

Isn’t this great tonight, sharing recipes and anecdotes without any ‘back biting’ or political agendas. Lovely way to spend an evening :hugs:

5 Likes

I’m like Ann, can’t deal with tripe, but some other “things” can be really nice ! I like ris de veau, rognons sauce madère … Never did them myself, but if they are properly done, worth a try !

1 Like

'tiz it 'tiz!

1 Like

Where abouts in Lancashire?