Your favourite French product?

Just halved, browned on one side in a pan in a little salted butter. Very nice, sweet with a little touch of brûlé.

1 Like

Oh Babeth, I understand your fear of Brussel sprouts. My mother used to put them in a pan of water and cook them to death, ( think that is where my ‘talent’ for cooking came from :wink:) the house was full of the smell of overcooked vegetables. :nauseated_face:
I had to eat them because 'they were good for me ’ and because my very strict father insisted.
It was only in very later years that I had the courage to cook them myself.
I still have a ‘thing’ about them but at least now know they should not be served up as slimy little green balls on a plate ! :grin:

2 Likes

Brussels, lardons and cheese - for me this is the way to go.

2 Likes

Yes, one is plenty for me ! And there is no much things I don’t like … Andouillette, that’s another one !

1 Like

Brussels quartered and cooked swiftly in a little butter… sprinkled with a little piment d’Espelette and… if you are daring… a swirl/drizzle of melted dark chocolate … just a little… mmmmmmm :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

lips and arseholes :wink: is what we say in these parts when the less desirable cuts are used in a sausage. I had to spit out the andouillette.

1 Like

Cut out the ‘middle man’ just give me the chocolate Stella :grin:

3 Likes

It tastes so good… and it’s one way to make you eat your greens… :wink:

1 Like

We’ve also fallen in love with bette (Swiss chard), a very handsome and versatile vegetable with dark-green-leaves that we got as a seedling from a market nurseryman, and planted it to see what came up.

When cut for the poêle, the root-stump regrows more leaves and edible stems very quickly, and is quite delicious stir-fried or steamed especially with fish or pasta.

1 Like

I’ve tried to tell Babeth, they can be delicious caramalised, I can not convince her! :slightly_smiling_face:

I like that Pete, with garlic and butter or béchamel sauce :yum:

2 Likes

For some unknown reason Peter, because I never had it as a child, I love Spinach.
Mum hates it, maybe I should overcook it and tell her ‘it’s good for her’ ! :rofl:

2 Likes

Must try that Pete :+1:

:smiley:

Fresh spinach, gently wormed up in a pan with butter :yum:
I meant warmed up !!!

1 Like

Oh yes, and served with some more butter and a sprinkle of pepper :grinning:

1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like

A nice way to cook fresh green peas is to put few leave of lettuce in a pan, butter, fresh green peas (of course) and steam them up :yum:

1 Like

Is everyone hungry? Did you not have enough dinner? :laughing:

2 Likes

my mouth is watering :smile:

2 Likes