Your photos - rural life

@anon92567933. They are young heifers and it’s to stop them trying to suckle. If a baby approached your breast with that on it you’d swot it away pretty smartly!

Yesterday, a few days later than usual, the hayfield at the back of the house was cut and turned - normally it’s a 2/3 tractor job however this year we had a cavalcade of 5 tractors. The harvest always attracts a few birds of prey and the local cats turn out for the hunt - This year the sky was full of buzzards and dozens of swallows - it was a fabulous display as the tractors drove up and down. Managed to capture it on video and this picture when the afternoons work was finished. Hay bales expected in the next few days.

1 Like

Yes, isn’t it wonderful… back in UK it would have been seagulls following the tractors… here, it’s the most amazing display… :relaxed:

1 Like

Lovely Dan. Really enjoy watching this spectacle.

I get to see it twice a year although in August/September with the second harvest he has a combine harvester so it must be a different crop. No idea what though.

That’s made me remember this :laughing::laughing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb63PdPweDc

1 Like

Fire broke out v quickly. Pompiers just as quick to attend.

1 Like

They are amazing. Have needed them a few times (not for fires) and they have been brilliant.

Hairstyle à la mode available at our local salon…

3 Likes

These two photographs were taken on my phone near Donchery not far from Sedan, Ardenne.

2 Likes

Beautiful Ken.

These were a gift from our neighbour from his allotment in Mouzon

2 Likes

That is what I call an efficient grass cutting !

4 Likes

Nice to see the tractors, laying ‘eggs’ :rofl:

1 Like

This photo taken this evening from inside a friend’s lounge was of a badger that visits every evening to eat peanuts.

3 Likes

Oh wow! How wonderful. Thanks Mat.

Wonderful photographs

1 Like

Who would want to live in a city again

6 Likes

Retired equipment in a nearby field !

old-combine-1

5 Likes

Foin et coquelicots

hay-poppies-1

4 Likes