Your photos - wintry scenes

This is a potted Pieris which is covered in white flower trusses 4 or 5 times a year. It sits outside all year round.

It almost seems to hold its breath around the end of October… and keeps the latest flower-buds held closed all through the winter… then they bursts forth (any day now) in the first warm days. The bees are very grateful for the abundance of pollen…

2 Likes

I have one of these too Stella, loads of flowers but it never seems to get any bigger. Maybe it’s sulking because it’s a bit close to a glorious Camelia !

2 Likes

:relaxed::relaxed: mine is about 3ft wide and 2 ft tall… probably it’s not going to grow much more as it is about 15 years old now.

It’s in a decent sized pot, much too big to bring indoors, so it is just as well that it is hardy.

I had to leave a glorious Dipladenia outside (big tub)… brought a second one indoors (smaller tub). The one outside has died and the indoor one is producing a crop of greenfly that are driving me insane. The unheated landing seems to suit it. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

A wintery visit to Suscinio, S 56.

5 Likes

Lovely photo Bill.

1 Like

Wonderful place Mandy, credit for the pic to Madam btw X
Bought Her the camera for Her birthday, she is proving to be talented! XXX

1 Like

Looking in the other direction…

7 Likes

Only had a quick look at the outside but seemed impressive :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Winter my eyes are always drawn to the micro…this is a tiny seedhead covered in frost…

5 Likes

Frozen spider web…

9 Likes

Had enough of winter, the sunset looks promising Stella, thanks :grin::+1:

That was Christmas 2015… no snow until much later that year…

1 Like

Wow, lovely sunset.

1 Like

Stunning!

1 Like

Had a Pieris in UK, but it only flowered once, in Spring. Here, this one does repeat flowering all through the year… it is a delight.

1 Like

Our property came with 2 outside toilets (his/hers) which subsequently were used for pigs… and eventually abandoned altogether… long before we arrived…

5 Likes

Winter sunrise…x :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Roll on Spring :grin:

1 Like

Next door’s cherry tree 11th March 2017. This year ?? not a hope in heck…:zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Ah now, don’t give up, Madam took a pic of a solitary budding blossom on ours, a couple of days ago :grin:

1 Like