Your photos - wintry scenes

Have you seen the latest Meteo report :worried::worried:

1 Like

:joy: Bet you were pleased the 'facilities were upgraded :wink:

2 Likes

Oh Stella that’s like something from a magical fairytale :open_mouth:

Snow now falling heavily in the Tarn!!!

Congratulations Mandy on a truly splendid idea.

1 Like

3 Likes

Are they turning or stationary at present…??? x :slight_smile:

Right now they will be turning fast. They were turning when the photo was taken. I’ve just looked at it on my iPad, it looks much better on my phone but acceptable for a low light photo taken on a phone.

2 Likes

Thank you. I hope everyone is enjoying the photos and I hope people keep posting.

Lovely colours. Slightly controversial subject matter :wink:

1 Like

Not to me, I love them and, yes, I can see them from my house.

2 Likes

There is one constantly viewable from my outer garden/field…I find them sort of eerie…constantly silently turning unless the electric goes off…On the way to and from the airport when I pick up my kids my son was imagining and we were discussing having to climb the ladders to perform maintenance…he could have done it…me I’m scared of heights…probably the only phobia I have but it’s a biggie…lol…I only have an iPhone to take photos…x :slight_smile:

1 Like

They are wonderful things that can create their own apparent wind to allow them to turn and produce electricity even when there isn’t enough wind. Just like a sailing boat.

2 Likes

They are really controversial here in La Montagne Noire. Here in Albine we have had more than 10 erected in the last year or so. The only objection I have is that they are bird killers. But this is a nice peaceful thread with no arguments so I have to say that I don’t mind them from an aesthetic point of view and they are a good source of renewable energy (when the wind blows)!

1 Like

We had a relatively heavy snowfall here in Dax about three weeks ago, chaos ensued on the roads, I saw at least 10 cars in accidents or just in ditches on the way in to town. Normally a 20 minute round trip took me an hour and a half!

1 Like

glad you made it there and back safely…

1 Like

The tricky bit was avoiding those sliding down that hill!

1 Like

This is where I’d prefer to be for the winter, not wild about all this snow, “stuff” …

3 Likes

A sheltered corner of a neighbour’s garden…today…for some reason the frost has missed this little spot…

5 Likes

image

I’d much rather be here.

1 Like