Your photos - wintry scenes

Have you seen the latest Meteo report :worried::worried:

1 Like

:joy: Bet you were pleased the 'facilities were upgraded :wink:

2 Likes

Oh Stella thatā€™s like something from a magical fairytale :open_mouth:

Snow now falling heavily in the Tarn!!!

Congratulations Mandy on a truly splendid idea.

1 Like

3 Likes

Are they turning or stationary at presentā€¦??? x :slight_smile:

Right now they will be turning fast. They were turning when the photo was taken. Iā€™ve just looked at it on my iPad, it looks much better on my phone but acceptable for a low light photo taken on a phone.

2 Likes

Thank you. I hope everyone is enjoying the photos and I hope people keep posting.

Lovely colours. Slightly controversial subject matter :wink:

1 Like

Not to me, I love them and, yes, I can see them from my house.

2 Likes

There is one constantly viewable from my outer garden/fieldā€¦I find them sort of eerieā€¦constantly silently turning unless the electric goes offā€¦On the way to and from the airport when I pick up my kids my son was imagining and we were discussing having to climb the ladders to perform maintenanceā€¦he could have done itā€¦me Iā€™m scared of heightsā€¦probably the only phobia I have but itā€™s a biggieā€¦lolā€¦I only have an iPhone to take photosā€¦x :slight_smile:

1 Like

They are wonderful things that can create their own apparent wind to allow them to turn and produce electricity even when there isnā€™t enough wind. Just like a sailing boat.

2 Likes

They are really controversial here in La Montagne Noire. Here in Albine we have had more than 10 erected in the last year or so. The only objection I have is that they are bird killers. But this is a nice peaceful thread with no arguments so I have to say that I donā€™t mind them from an aesthetic point of view and they are a good source of renewable energy (when the wind blows)!

1 Like

We had a relatively heavy snowfall here in Dax about three weeks ago, chaos ensued on the roads, I saw at least 10 cars in accidents or just in ditches on the way in to town. Normally a 20 minute round trip took me an hour and a half!

1 Like

glad you made it there and back safelyā€¦

1 Like

The tricky bit was avoiding those sliding down that hill!

1 Like

This is where Iā€™d prefer to be for the winter, not wild about all this snow, ā€œstuffā€ ā€¦

3 Likes

A sheltered corner of a neighbourā€™s gardenā€¦todayā€¦for some reason the frost has missed this little spotā€¦

5 Likes

Iā€™d much rather be here.

1 Like