Zoe Ball radio 2

So because some of the BBC’s funding comes from tv licences presenters should not be paid the ‘going rate’?

Strange argument.

Terry Wigan was so amusing and also had a lovely voice

The day Terry died I was working on Critical Care , it was the talk of the unit from all ages so many generations he affected

Like one of the family… almost…

Genial guy… sadly missed

1 Like

No, please, make it go away :scream:

2 Likes

(not my own words, but certainly my thoughts)…

“In a notoriously shallow, fickle and false profession this gentleman was the EXACT opposite. Sir Terry was both a gentleman and a gentle man. A giant in the broadcasting business who will be very sadly missed. His gentle wit and charm were legendary and today just got a little bit emptier…”

I was listening the day Terry started laughing with the other guys in the studio and couldn’t stop. The engineer had to cut to some trailers to give Terry time to recover. He was clearly struggling to keep it together when he came back on. Such a difference to the ego-centric presenters we have today.

I wonder if any of the Janet & John stories are available to listen to.

Others are available… search Youtube…

Thanks a bunch for the link Stella. I love to start the day with a laugh. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

1 Like

You do realise you pay a TV licence fee in France, don’t you Teresa? And French TV and Radio really are drivel. I promise you will never criticise BBC content again after being subjected to French tv for any length of time :joy:

I always find comments like this strange. I watch nothing but French TV but I only watch the programmes that interest me but there are plenty of those. Many of them are bought in from the UK and USA but I enjoy a lot of the French programmes and particularly like the format of the evening news shows. When I visit other British people locally I often find that they have UK TV playing in the background and I would happily call most of what I’ve seen on there drivel.

We don’t pay a television licence in France

Is that because you do not have a television in France ??? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Actually they did try to make us pay the licence fee for the none existent TV On the third time of writing to them to point out we didn’t have one ,we said that if they still carried on charging we would pay it as for what it was , it wasn’t worth the hassle That time they did begin to knock it off

Ha ha… they changed tactics from relying on folk admitting to having a TV… to assuming that folk had a TV…

So, there is a box on the Income Declaration to tick if you do NOT have a TV… :wink:

I’m going back several years but it was along those lines

I pay for a licence… even though the TV does not receive any signals…:zipper_mouth_face:

(I use it to watch DVD and videos…)

I would have to get another sat dish to watch French TV so given my useless understanding of French language I’ll give that a miss.
I do agree that most of UK TV is either total crap or repeats.

1 Like

A British friend of mine has satellite TV that has the full range of UK Freesat TV and all the French TNT TV on offer. He switches between them with the controller and they are received through the same satellite dish. Dont ask me any questions about it as I have never had a satellite dish and don’t know about the technology but every time I read people saying about needing two dishes I think about his setup.