Zoe Ball radio 2

We have exactly that although we only use it for French TV now via our Orange TV box. Our internet is too slow for the TV via internet. We lost our Sky signal several years ago now. I remember that the parabol, plus fitting, was hideously expensive, about 500€ if memory serves but that was 8 years ago.

I thought the French TV licence fee was a part of the T d’H?

Our favourite French TV channel is Arte and radio is Classiq followed by France Info…and 107.7 when travelling along the Autoroute!

C

1 Like

Hi Carl

No, it is not “part of” the TH… it is simply shown on that bill… and added to the TH and you pay the whole lot in one…

1 Like

Ah - Thanks Stella! At least we wont get fined for not having the licence then…seeing as we have not applied for one yet!

Mind you, we dont have a telly there yet either as the In-laws have taken it to their new flat!

C

and they will be paying the licence for this year, through the TH on your new home… :relaxed:

You will automatically be charged in next year’s bill… :thinking:

1 Like

Depends on the TV, I think. We had a cast-off TV in the house for a while but it was an older model and the various “catch-up” apps stopped being updated (this is the real “built-in obsolescence” in modern devices BTW).

So I decided to splash out on a new set and bought one with a satellite as well as regular digital tuner.

Turned out it can use one at a time but not both - bah! :frowning:

Fortunately I do have the option of using the Orange internet TV offering.

We only have one dish which will serve both English and French channels we just switch between the two receiver boxes with the remote control.

1 Like

Yes, you can do multiple satellites with one dish if you use dual (or multiple) LNBs

1 Like

Yes you are correct it is a twin head😀

This seems to confirm my beliefs that a second dish is not necessary.